Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna be Taking off my midwing this week and i just wanted some advice on cleaning up the paint. Couple months ago the right part of the midwing was falling off so i tore it off and i tried to find some 3m tape for it but i couldnt find anything. I used some sort of molding glue to put it back on i wasnt thinking about the long term and this stuff wasnt meant for cars. I just wanted some advice when i take this off and there might be some left over glue on there what would i use to get it off?

·
Registered
703 Posts
yur lucky... mines bolted on. I didnt even think about 3M when i installed it cuz i figured id keep it on and not have to worry. Even if i did wanna take it off, im screwed... get it haha screwed, like the holes in my car behind the midwing! lol

yehhh, so um i guess jus buy some stuff to get the glue off with and scrub gently, then wax.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Double check to make sure the middle part of the midwing isn't bolted on though the hatch. If it is, expect to spend some cash to fill and repaint the hatch if you still plan to remove it.

What brand is the midwing you got? The two side pieces are never bolted on, if they are, there was absolutely no need for that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts