Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after FOCUSFEST this weekend we are already looking into planning a midwest meet for this fall. For those that have been to previous meets I thought we might try to do something a little more unique and fun than our normal parking lot chat and lunch.

So the thought at the moment would be to find a centrally located place that we could do a bonfire and camping for a night. would give the opportunity to hang out with those we don't see often for more time than normal without being in the heat. plus anyone that would want to drink doesn't have to worry about driving afterwards.

The thought on a time frame would be late september or early october. give everyone enough time to recover from this weekend, but still be early enough that it shouldn't be too cold to camp.

Let me know if anyone has thoughts or ideas on this so we can get the ball rolling.

depending on who wants to go and where they are from (ks, ne, ia, il, mo, ok) would make a difference on an event location

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
I'm always up for something if its not too far out side of KC. Anything beyond that is quite a drive....especially if I-29 is still closed.

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
I'm always up for something if its not too far out side of KC. Anything beyond that is quite a drive....especially if I-29 is still closed.
Trust me. it'll be closed for awhile. its still underwater around omaha and will most likely need to be rebuilt when the water goes down.
from what i'm hearing alot of it needs to be repaired between omaha and kc

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I"m down!!!!!

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i really hope they can get 29 opened back up again soon. gonna suck the next time i have to work up there

and yes there are pics. check out the thread up top in the fest area for some links. more keep getting added. you missed a great time

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
I have a large back yard, fire pit, wood for said bonfire and a house........hot tub and plenty of room for folks. Let me know. Also, I'm still looking for folks to come to the car show in Arnold,Mo on Sept 10.

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
I have a large back yard, fire pit, wood for said bonfire and a house........hot tub and plenty of room for folks. Let me know. Also, I'm still looking for folks to come to the car show in Arnold,Mo on Sept 10.
Well I'm outta that one... Promised the gf a weekend in the black hills then.
She broke her hand when I was gone and thinking with a cast that pissing her off wouldn't be a good idea [boxface]

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
Friction rules!!!!!

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
Friction rules!!!!!

[facepalm] my mind was nowhere near that comment...lol

she dislocated and broke her hand right at the nuckle on both the little finger and the onr next to it and had to have both reset. gonna check it next friday to see if its healing, if not she has to have pins put in.
Bad thing is she broke her right hand and shes right handed. She wasnt amused when I asked how she wiped her ass...[headbang]
Hey wait... she pretty much falls asleep in the first 5 minutes of riding... hmmm [^]

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
You must have had her locked up somewhere, I didn't see her. But ironically, I did see a blow up sheep in a blue fusion parked at focusfest..........hey, wait a minute.......don't you drive a blue fusion......hmmmmm

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
You must have had her locked up somewhere, I didn't see her. But ironically, I did see a blow up sheep in a blue fusion parked at focusfest..........hey, wait a minute.......don't you drive a blue fusion......hmmmmm
I believe your still tired and confusing a certain blue focus for a fusion, and dont you just happen to own a blue focus?

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
Nope! Black zx3 Svt. Mike has the blue one, but having a blow up sheep is normal for him

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
Okay, Sept 10...............who's coming , so I can set aside spaces. BTW, this show will be huge. We had almost 300 cars last time. We were turning cars away!!!!!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Okay, Sept 10...............who's coming , so I can set aside spaces. BTW, this show will be huge. We had almost 300 cars last time. We were turning cars away!!!!!
Count me out. I'll be in San Diego at that time. What car show is it?

1 - 20 of 185 Posts