Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys!

i recently installed an obx header in conjunction with my fswerks header (too loud) but since then i have been having a problem with the midsection of my exhaust hitting a little cross brace that is basically under the center console in the car. i have adjusted the catback many times and re-tightened it but there just seems too be not enough hangers for the exhaust. i was wondering if anyone had thought of a solution to this problem other than removing the brace. thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
hey guys!

i recently installed an obx header in conjunction with my fswerks header (too loud) but since then i have been having a problem with the midsection of my exhaust hitting a little cross brace that is basically under the center console in the car. i have adjusted the catback many times and re-tightened it but there just seems too be not enough hangers for the exhaust. i was wondering if anyone had thought of a solution to this problem other than removing the brace. thanks!

Had the problem. Found none so i removed the brace lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
I’ll also add in you have to readjust your whole exhaust, then tighten it down. It takes time to to it right. I’d suggest getting different stiffer exhaust hangers. Cobb makes some for the ST and that’s what helped my stealth exhaust from hitting that brace, along with readjusting my exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the link to that thread i could not find one for the life of me. im gonna try and make it work but if i cant with my current parts im gonna take it off until i get washers rtv and poly exhaust bushings

1 - 5 of 5 Posts