Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A previous owner deleted the mid muffler, the one between the resonator and lunchbox. I want to purchase a Magnaflow but do not know what size will fit.

Can anyone help with dimensions, offset, etc...? I'm looking for something close to factory size and will have my shop weld it in.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,557 Posts
If Photobucket wasn't having maintenance. I would have a picture for you. It shows the entire exhaust system and the dimensions of the muffler and everything else.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If Photobucket wasn't having maintenance. I would have a picture for you. It shows the entire exhaust system and the dimensions of the muffler and everything else.
If you could post that when the servers are back up it would be a huge help.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,557 Posts
Damn, I must have deleted it or something. I can't find it any where on either of my Photobucket accounts. Hopefully someone can take some measurements for you. I think the SVT exhaust diameter is 2.5" if I remember right. I am sure if you call Magnaflow directly they can probably give you the dimensions you need.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I just measured the stock one I took off my car. It is 4 7/8" round case with center inlet/outlet. The exhaust pipe measures 2.25 OD and the muffler measured 15" long. The length includes approximately 3/8" flange/crimp at each end. Hope this helps.

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
if your having a shop do it you might be better off finding a used catback

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Have you looked at the fwerks or CFM sites. Not sure what the exact size is. Go to Magna flows site & hit the univerals & then look for round ones. Any case length= 18''-24'' & any 4'' to 6'' diameter will fit. Also a great time to get Borla muffler= 4'' diameter w/ a 20'' case length.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
The Borla specific exhaust has an oval one,

what are the benfits of going for a round one?
The oval one fits next to the tank. The round case ones fit between the flex & before the system goes around the tank. Borla has a round case one too. I have a Borla system w/ a stealth heading the line up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts