discuss!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
This would be even better than a North AL meet. I'm down. [thumb]

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
soo up for a little bit of a road trip if i'm free whenever it happens.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Summer is around the same time as FocusFest and I'd probably only be able to afford one big trip then... but we will see.

Good idea regardless.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Well then, make focus fest a gump crew meet as well. FTW!

·
Salmontheotherpinkmt
4,043 Posts
Good idea maybe spring time????

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Sure, but what we will be doing?

I'm gonna say maybe early May, maybe we can move our annual Twisty Day further south[deviltail] We can post up some ideers in hiz-er.

And OMG INVADERS!!111!![ohcrap]

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
assuming FF is up north, what if we stopped in the Mid Atlantic for a pre-meet and convoy...could be effing sweet

its like i'm popping in....

and then popping back out...

·
Registered
0 Posts
That'd be sweet assuming what we know will happen, a pre FF09 meet and convoy would be pretty chill and definitely do-able fo sho.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
^I agree. We'll see what's going on with FF09 but I think that would be our best bet right now unless we can come up with something else between now and then.

Pop in and out all you want[:D]

·
Registered
0 Posts
Just throwing out a crazy suggestion which I'm not sure if you guys would want to do or not but we as a group could do a US Route 250 Run on lets say maybe the Thursday before FocusFest.

So if you Gump girls and guys were to make it up here on Wednesday from Chattanooga, TN it is 8 Hours driving "conservatively", which I know we all drive that way [;)], to Staunton, VA.

LINK (Chattanooga, TN to Staunton, VA)

Basically if you Gump guys and girls were to make it up to Staunton, VA at a reasonable time in the Afternoon I could volunteer to meet up and we could hit up Washington, DC for some evening sightseeing (the monuments and stuff) and a little bit of DC clubing or bar hopping. Then drive back to Staunton later that night.

Then Thursday around 9AM we meet up with the rest of the MA at the same spot as last year's twisty run and hit up US Route 250 and take it to Interstate 64 via the route in the link provided below.

LINK (250 Run-ish)

Then from there if all goes as planned and no one in the MA needs to hit up the Dollar General to FIX HIS CAR (Cough Cough DICK Cough) we could easily make it to our destination at, well some of you know, easily before night fall. Red mods and MA Mods can see my link provided in the next post for the Thursday Travel [thumb]

·
Forced to move on...
6,916 Posts
So FF is going to be in VA this year? [dunno]

Sounds like an awesome idea though!

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
its like i'm popping in....

and then popping back out...
that's always a pretty safe method...

frickin' tease.

i'd be all for either idea though, a spring meet or a pre-ff meet. of course, depends on ff. guess we'll be waiting for those details so as to figure this out as well. may be difficult for a lot of people though, doing the pre-ff, as, assuming ff is a sat-sun deal again, it may require everyone to take an extra day off to do this meet first.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Bar hopping would be cool and all if I was legal. lol

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
So FF is going to be in VA this year? [dunno]
i dunno where it is......[angel]

I'm down if I am around for FF09. I can do a good distance drive. It's better to give me the end location for my GPS as I don't do well with slow cruising groups. People from Carlise that one year can attest. Ask Kickstar.....[8)]

1 - 20 of 62 Posts