Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to move to either cali or michigan, but was wondering what the audio scene is like in michigan. how do the classes for the comps get divided? what class would 2 12"s and a 1500bd rockford amp put me in? what are some average scores in the lower classes such as the one i would be in. i have been doing this for 2 years now and will be doing it agian this summer. i have 3 2nd place trophies and 2 1st place trophies and looking for more. just want to know what the competitions are like before moving. i get great deals on audio equipment at a local shop here ( 30-50% discount on all new stuff ). they sumtimes even sale to me at there cost wich comes out to about 60-70% discount. so it would be much better for me to upgrade while up here then down there.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The audio scene in Michigan is almost non existent
yeah im seeing that, ive been talking with the peeps in the michigan boredom thread. but i know termlabpro.com has some comps within a 200-500miles raduis they do every year listed so thats a good start. now i just have to check to see what class i would be in and then go from there.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im guessing you do the comps? if you do how do they divide people into the classes?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
both/either, ive got 2 years of dbdrag by iasca rules up here in ak will be doing it agian this summer and moving to michigan novemeber-december 2012. basicaly when i get down there i will have 2 t2 rockford 12s paired with a t1500bd constant power wired at 1ohm 1880watts rms. rockford line driver for the 1500bd 2 sets of t2 6.5 componets with a t400.4 mid range amp. a pioneer double din touchscreen dvd/cd player. will be running 1/0 from from to back, 4gauge to midrange amp 1/0 gauge to sub amp, will have 2 yellow tops and a 10 farad cap and an upgraded ho alt. looking to put it all in a 240sx leaning more towards a coupe 93-96 and just deleting the back seat and blocking the trunk off from the cab. building a custom box where the backseat would have been. ect ect.... im sure this all paints a good pic of what im talking about

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You goe IASCA ,Meca ,FCBC,and Spring 2012 starts the First Season of FLBSPL . I know several shops that if you just go in and talk to the guys that your likely to get a sponsorship .
sponsorship sounds great, lol... so all those places do have there own site with guidlines for rules right? also all those places do there own season or is all of it a joined season?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so from what im seeing from the meca site is that i would be placed in as1. i have 2 12s and a 150amp fuse so that would put me at 376. and i see that meca says that its music only and that we cant use bass cds. i have already done 6 iasca events here so i know how to do those. i guess when i get down there and get another car and build it i will bring it to a shop that does meca comps and have them tell me were i would place. then i would go to an event or 2 to watch so i know how it works. i should be down there in time for the end of the 2012 season so i would be joining the 2013 season.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anyone have a good link for info on the flspl? i cant seem to find much

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i like the way that sounds, a lot will be riding on how well each person knows there system and what song does good and what does not. it will also make it to were you charging system will need upgrading for high output.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yep, it will be a great setup for those of us who just want to build a loud system to listen to and enjoy and not to just play full blast for a short time period at shows and then cant even turn it up while daily driving do to the chance of blowing it all...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts