Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Man! Another MI peep representin the mitten state!!
Lansing area here. Come check thefocusconnection.com
We're have a local g2g in the gneral detroit area (kensington park) if yer interested...stop on by.

·
Registered
18 Posts
CrazyWella said:
Hey Man! Another MI peep representin the mitten state!!
Lansing area here. Come check thefocusconnection.com
We're have a local g2g in the gneral detroit area (kensington park) if yer interested...stop on by.
CrazyWella - tell me more about the meets at Kensington. When, etc? I'd like to join you all!

·
Registered
18 Posts
The downriver cruise is this weekend, 6/28. The SVTOA SEMI chapter has arranged for SVT members to park at Stu Evans LM on Fort Street. Catch you there!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
CrazyWella said:
TheFocusConnection
This is the best place to keep up on local g2g's. We just had one at Kensington metropark, we had a blast. Come check us out!
CrazyWella- being as I'm new here I went to the link you mentioned but didn't find the info I wanted. First, what is a g2g? Second, is there another 'event' scheduled for Kensington? I live about 15 minutes away and need only the slightest excuse to take the 03 SVTf out for a ride. You can emai me at: [email protected]

How about it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
meinschaft said:
First, what is a g2g? Second, is there another 'event' scheduled for Kensington? I live about 15 minutes away and need only the slightest excuse to take the 03 SVTf out for a ride. You can emai me at: [email protected]

How about it?
There are lots of us in the area, we usually meet frequently. A 'G2G' stands for Get-together. The BBQ at Kensington was a one-off event. We may do another one soon, but it's not something we do weekly. We do usually meet at Redline (11 mile and Inkster) on Friday nights or something atleast a few times a month. Check out the Michigan forum on TFC for everything updated.

I just posted a video of me cruising Gratiot in the turbo Focus, check it out in the media section. A few of us usually cruise Gratiot Saturday nights.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm in sterling heights. Do alot of new people show up to the TFC get togethers? I go to the website all the time to read whats going on, but i haven't said much. I wanted to go to the Kensington g2g over the summer but it seemed that everyone on the board that was going already knew each other.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hey bro, you are going to be new to someone in your life at sometime. I will be new when I come home in May from korea, but check it, dozens of people loving focus and having something in common, who cares if you are new, they sure would love to meet new people, that is what the focus connection is all about, meeting new foci friends, go to one and hang out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was just asking if alot of new faces showed up. TFC is pretty tight knit. The ones that know each other hang out and work on each others cars and go out driving together and stuff. I don't know any other focus tuners and thought it would be cool to go, but being a girl, not a bro, i've found that most people don't take me seriously. They don't even talk to me, and the ones that do talk to me ask me if its my boyfriends car. So, i'm a little apprehensive about pulling up to a crowd of guys that i don't know.

·
Registered
318 Posts
All I can say is if you come to the g2g I am setting up for when I come home. Come say hi to me! I am looking for new friends that I can keep in touch with when I leave again for Ft Stewart. Love to meet friends that love foci.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jess,
You are more then welcome to join any g2g you wish. And believe it or not...you wouldnt and wont be the only girl there. We have a few girls on the boards over at TFC. And although it is true...alot of guys work on each others cars, we'd be as willing to work on yours aswell. We are a pretty tight knit group but we're not opposed to new people joining us. Come and hang out with us sometime...it'll be fun. Im lookin forward to meetin a few new people(ztsracer and you). ZTS lives in my home town so I feel like he's already a "brother" Hope to see ya both at a G2G soon.

Aaron

·
Registered
318 Posts
When I come home from Korea Aaron, you can guarantee you will see my twilight blue focus cruising the streets. I use to work at Famous Footwear for two years and I did a lot of traveling to our Okemos store.

·
Registered
97 Posts
So ZTS are you setting up a g2g in saginaw? Did you work at the famous footwear that was inside meridian mall in okemos? I went to school at MSU. I never saw too many foci up there, just alot of hondas. CrazyWella...thanks for the invite, i know there are a few girls on TFC, i was just saying in general its tougher when you're a girl playing in the boys club. But from the couple of posts i've put up on the forum over there, everyone has been really nice and helpful. I look forward to running into some of the guys that live around my area. Its weird, there seems to be alot in the metro area, but i hardly ever see anyone.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts