Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*This has been resolved, see my post on page 2 for the fix*

Just wondering if anyone has run into these issues and has a fix...

Everything worked fine for the first week.

On Saturday, my Nav froze, I turned the car off and left it off for about 4 hours and when I started it back up again and it did some system maintenance and it seemed fine. I didn't test the USB or BT then so I'm not sure if this is related.

It won't play music off my phone in USB mode (it used to) and it won't play off a plain USB thumb drive either. It indexes and builds the media commands just fine, and I can say stuff like "Play Artist Sublime" and it understands that but while it will look like it is playing on the screen, no sound in coming out.

And then there is the bluetooth issue... My phone connects fine as a phone, but when I try to use it to serve as the speakers, it immediately disconnects. Not from the phone quadrant, only the media quadrant.

This is very frustrating because USB and bluetooth seem to be the only ways to play my own music and podcasts. Anyone have a fix? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
There doesn't seem to be a way to "fix" MFT if it's not working. That said... to be honest the majority of the people with issues, I've noticed also have the Nav option installed. What the relation is I don't know if there even is any, but that's just what I've noticed over the time I've seen the various issues documented.

I personally haven't had any issues but I also don't have Nav installed.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has run into these issues and has a fix...

Everything worked fine for the first week.

On Saturday, my Nav froze, I turned the car off and left it off for about 4 hours and when I started it back up again and it did some system maintenance and it seemed fine. I didn't test the USB or BT then so I'm not sure if this is related.

It won't play music off my phone in USB mode (it used to) and it won't play off a plain USB thumb drive either. It indexes and builds the media commands just fine, and I can say stuff like "Play Artist Sublime" and it understands that but while it will look like it is playing on the screen, no sound in coming out.

And then there is the bluetooth issue... My phone connects fine as a phone, but when I try to use it to serve as the speakers, it immediately disconnects. Not from the phone quadrant, only the media quadrant.

This is very frustrating because USB and bluetooth seem to be the only ways to play my own music and podcasts. Anyone have a fix? Thanks.
Welcome to the crazy world that is "MyFORDTouch". Unfortunately, all of the problems that you have listed are well documented by many of us with MFT. The 2.11 update did not address these issues in fact, since the update I'm finding that the "system meltdowns" are happening more often. My car is being looked at next week by members of the MFT Tech Team, so hopefully they will have some answers/solutions as I'm really really "DONE" with all the MFT nightmares.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I don't have Nav...no issues yet though. I have noticed twice that it looks like it's playing a song off my phone via USB but no sound, so I just unplugged the cable and plugged it back in and it played fine.

·
Registered
967 Posts
TThat said... to be honest the majority of the people with issues, I've noticed also have the Nav option installed.
I've noticed that too. Thank god I didn't get the nav. I'm willing to bet the processor isn't powerful enough to handle both the nav and media interfaces at once so you get missed commands on the software level.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I've noticed that too. Thank god I didn't get the nav. I'm willing to bet the processor isn't powerful enough to handle both the nav and media interfaces at once so you get missed commands on the software level.
I never thought of that, but it's probably a good starting point. The Nav has to have a constant satellite uplink, and is a constantly updating system. Since you have to see the map and movement in real time it's probably not very processor friendly to stack commands on top of running the Nav feature...

good call.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My dinky little HTC Aria has enough power to navigate and play music at the same time, I don't see why the car processor wouldn't. You'd think they covered that while designing the car.

-Typed while driving on my Captivate- [:p]

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I have Nav and my Sync/MFT has been pretty stable and responsive (hope I didn't just curse myself with that comment). Only MFT quirks so far have been the occassional (very occassional, as in a couple of times) "What screen is the car going to start up on?" Sometimes I leave it on one screen and when I start the car again it is on another. No big deal as it is not frozen there and I can switch it. Also had one issue where it told me my iPod was disconnected (even though it was connected and resumed play exactly where I left off when I shut down). Upon restart, the message was gone.

Had some initial problems when I first got it getting the voice commands for music to work but after cleaning everything and getting it set, they have worked fine since.

Nav has been operating fine through all of it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I have emailed my salesman asking if I could bring it by today and I will let you know how it goes. I just can't accept the fact that I am driving to and from work without my podcasts. It really makes every trip in my new car pretty terrible.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Well I have emailed my salesman asking if I could bring it by today and I will let you know how it goes. I just can't accept the fact that I am driving to and from work without my podcasts. It really makes every trip in my new car pretty terrible.
Yeah, no doubt, that would be more than annoying. Let us know how you make out/what you find out. Hopefully they can solve it for you and in doing so, you may be able to help someone on here in the future if they experience similar.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really wish this thing had a few buttons you could hold down to reboot it. If it were any other electronic thing, it sounds like a reboot would take care of it because everything used to work!

·
Registered
524 Posts
It doesn't have the buttons but it does have the fuses and that usually fixes most issues. I haven't had to do the fuse pull in almost two weeks now. I figured out that leaving a USB device connected in the car causes problems to develop so I always remove any devices after the car is shut off. I havn't had any trouble with my new phone yet but there is no music on it yet either. Also I just use the phone as phone and nothing else. Due to the issues with USB ports in these cars I avoid plugging my phone into the USB, just use bluetooth.

Kryssa, you may want to do a search on pod casts as I seem to remember individuals having problems playing pod casts. You did state that the files are indexing and BMC'ing OK so that might not be it but you never know.

·
Registered
781 Posts
one problem people have noticed. do not plug your iphone in via usb and connect via bluetooth as well. it seems to confuse MFT. have you tried re-pairing your phone? and leave the usb out. if you want to charge, get a 12v usb adapter.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I want to go hug my car. I have MFT with Nav. I had very minor issues before updating to 2.11 myself. A week after the update, I haven't had a single problem with MFT. (knocks on wood)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Everyone! The problems have been fixed! I used the online support chat to talk to "Chester" and he walked me through a master reset. Here is the procedure for those who have similar issues:

Delete SYNC from my phone's bluetooth list.
Take battery out of phone before I approach the car so it does not try
to connect.
Turn on car, delete my phone from bluetooth device list in the car.
Go to Menu - Settings - System - scroll down to Master Reset
It takes about 5-10 min for the full reset. Do not turn off car at this time.
I then changed the name of my phone in my phone's menu (not instructed
to, I just did this to be extra safe)
Paired phone and bluetooth audio works.

Also, my USB seems to be working again as well. I did not have time to let the car index the entire 16GB thumb drive, but it was playing music from the very top of the artist list alphabetically. I didn't want to do anything while it was indexing, so I just let it play what it wanted to play. Before the reset, it wouldn't play anything during or after the indexing, so this is very good sign!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts