Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford recently updated their syncmyride.com website, making it easier for me to compile a list of available commands. I have owned my Focus for almost 2 months, and was not familiar with a lot of these commands. Hope this helps others. I have been looking for a list for over 2 months, and other than an almost 2 year old SYNC list from someone's ford F-150, I have not been able to find another comprehensive command list.

Enjoy.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B4f4dNt7FSzGOTdkMGYwN2MtOTY5OC00NTU2LWFiNGYtYjJhMDYyZmRkNWYw&hl=en_US

P.S. If your MFT seems sluggish at times, I was able to identify the reason(or one of the reasons) and why this varies by owner. If you connect your phone via bluetooth, after the initial phonebook download, turn OFF the auto download of phonebook. Your phone will redownload the whole phonebook every time the phone pairs with the car, and if for some reason this link is remporarily lost, it will redownload the phonebook, and depending on the size of your phonebook, this can take a significant amount of time and system resources, slowing down all the other activities occurring on MFT at the time. You can manually force a phonebook update at any time from the phone settings menu.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Awesome! Great find, thank you !!! [ffrocks]

Good advice on the phonebook download! After I downloaded my contacts, I turned the Auto download off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
also if you say "what can I say" to the MFT, it will display a list of available commands right on the screen =)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, but the list provided by asking for help is "EXTREMELY" limited to basic functions. You would never know that you can search for "the beach" based on that guide.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
This pertains to Nav equipped Focus owners. Any chance for a list of commands for MFT owners without Nav? Destination commands do nothing for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found this list, seems to have have a few more commands than the previous links/docs provided:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/voice-command-categories-sync-myford-touch

One I use a lot as I need caffeine, is "Destination Cafe". This will search for the nearest starbucks (or other coffee place).

Here is a list of commands I would like to use, but I do not think they are implemented. If anybody know how to do them, please let me know.

-Navigate to Phonebook contact address (There may be no hope for this one as ford removed addresses from the phonebook with the sync update 3.2.2) :(
-Show Home screen. The screen that had the 4 quadrants for phone, navigation, media and climate. The Star 1 button works for this, but I would have thought there was a voice command.
-Command to go into each quadrant. "Show Map" will take you into navigation, but I can't find anything for media, phone or climate
-Cycle through media option - I have been using Sirius radio and there is Sirius 1, 2 and 3, but no way to cycle through them via voice. The "M" (mode??) button will cycle through all media options, but I would would like a way to lock it in Sirius 1,2,3,1,2,3,etc. Currently just takes you to the next media option.

Also one somebody's list I saw the commands:
"I'm hot" and "I'm cold"

Do these work for anybody? My sync system takes the command and give the tone that it is a valid command, but nothing happens. I expect the climate control to go up or down or AC to turn on or off, but nothing as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Why is "Find a funeral home" in the list of favorites?
So you know where to drop the body of the unsuspecting MFT engineer Ford sends to "fix" your car...

·
Registered
647 Posts

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Is there some type of "pause" or "wait" command?

Because I'll be using navigation and it'll be like "Oh, pick one of these 234920 items."

And I'm like "Ummm... errrr..."

and like 0.2 seconds later it'll be like "PICK ONE!" and I haven't finished reading because I'm trying to keep my eyes on the road... and "cancel" just exists the entire thing - which is not what I want to do.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Is there some type of "pause" or "wait" command?

Because I'll be using navigation and it'll be like "Oh, pick one of these 234920 items."

And I'm like "Ummm... errrr..."

and like 0.2 seconds later it'll be like "PICK ONE!" and I haven't finished reading because I'm trying to keep my eyes on the road... and "cancel" just exists the entire thing - which is not what I want to do.
I know you can hold the paddle down for XX seconds (maybe 3-5?) and it'll cancel the voice prompt. I think in your instance, where you have a list of things on-screen, the list will remain and when you hit the paddle again you'll get the prompt to pick one.

Now, in a situation where you're issuing a voice-only command like "Radio, FM 1" and there's nothing on-screen, holding the paddle just cancels out of the Sync stuff completely.

I think...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts