Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[mad] Went to start my 2012 Focus on Saturday morning and my MFT w/Sync display does not display anything.. I have the black screen of death. I have restarted my car plenty of times thinking it was updating. But it has yet to come back on. Has anyone else had this problem? If so did you end up at the dealership? I plan on taking it in on Tuesday morning. Little help. Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
[mad] Went to start my 2012 Focus on Saturday morning and my MFT w/Sync display does not display anything.. I have the black screen of death. I have restarted my car plenty of times thinking it was updating. But it has yet to come back on. Has anyone else had this problem? If so did you end up at the dealership? I plan on taking it in on Tuesday morning. Little help. Thanks[/QUOTE

If you have the sd card located in the center console, take it out, wait 30 seconds and replace. Also you can do the following:

1) menu
2)settings
3)reset to factory settings.

the last step could take up to 10 minutes to reset.

·
Registered
291 Posts
[mad] Went to start my 2012 Focus on Saturday morning and my MFT w/Sync display does not display anything.. I have the black screen of death. I have restarted my car plenty of times thinking it was updating. But it has yet to come back on. Has anyone else had this problem? If so did you end up at the dealership? I plan on taking it in on Tuesday morning. Little help. Thanks
Had to take it back to the delearship. It was there for a whole day. Then back again for the 2.11 update and I understand another update will be out the first of 2013. [bigcry]

·
Registered
227 Posts
Pull the MFT fuses for a few minutes.

What version of MFT do you have? If not 2.11, then you might want to upgrade.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jessica, I do have 2.11. I am going to pull the fuses this morning and give that a shot. I hope it will start up the screen. I need my MFT ready for my road trip to Las Vegas this weekend. If the fuses are fine and the screen stays off. I will be at the dealership by my lunch time. Wish me luck. For Vegas that is....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It came on after pulling the fuse. Works fine now. Now I would like to see how you all feel about this being a reacurring problem among the 2012's. Glad it came on, but still worries me. Thanks for all the help!!! [thumb]

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Best of luck in Vegas and enjoy the road trip! Hope you have a good, quality drive in your Focus.

·
Registered
712 Posts
It came on after pulling the fuse. Works fine now. Now I would like to see how you all feel about this being a reacurring problem among the 2012's. Glad it came on, but still worries me. Thanks for all the help!!! [thumb]
Until the major update release hits this winter, everyone will have to keep the fuse puller handy. Stinks, but I have only had to to this twice since April so I think I will survive till Feburary or so. From everything I have seen and read, I have very high confidence the new release will be stable.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lets cross our fingers. My fuse hole is ready for any hickups that come up. I am looking forward to the newest update.

*Holder

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have had my car for almost 4 weeks now, running 2.11, and haven't had to pull a fuse yet.

Of course, now that I have said that, I am screwed...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've pulled my fuses.. but still nothing. How long am supposed to keep em out?
I keep it out for 30 seconds. Put them in and shut the car and lock it for a few minutes. Then get in and start it up. You may have to wait through the Microsoft Updating screen.

Hope that works. It has for me.

Chris

·
Registered
261 Posts
I tried it again, pulled fuses. Let it stay that way for like 5 mins. Reinserted, closed car, locked doors. Came back 2 hours later and started car and still nothing. Drove around for 10 mins and the screen didn't come on. I give up. I guess the dealer will have to pull the battery or do something else.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I tried it again, pulled fuses. Let it stay that way for like 5 mins. Reinserted, closed car, locked doors. Came back 2 hours later and started car and still nothing. Drove around for 10 mins and the screen didn't come on. I give up. I guess the dealer will have to pull the battery or do something else.
Yeah, sorry. Sounds like you have a much more serious issue than just a software hang.

Chris

·
Registered
967 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I just wanted to follow up with you and see if you were able to get this resolved? Is your Focus equipped with the Performance Upgrade (3.0.2) software?

Jaclyn

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just wanted to follow up with you and see if you were able to get this resolved? Is your Focus equipped with the Performance Upgrade (3.0.2) software?

Jaclyn
I was in an accident a few weeks back (maybe u saw my rants?) and I just got my car back yesterday. Along the way, thy also fixed MFT, turns out the all module died. They also installed the latest update, so far so good (knock on wood).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts