Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2014 focus titanium. Occasionally, when I turn the car on, the radio will be silent (if I change radio stations, the sound immediately comes back), or the radio will be turned off, even though I left it turned on when I was last in the car.

Also, sometimes the radio will inexplicably turn off by itself.....does anyone have any idea what's going on here?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hi GWBancroft,

Please make an appointment with your dealership so they can diagnose and correct this issue. Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rebecca,

I tried taking it to my dealership, and they told me that since it cannot be duplicated at will, and they are several cars waiting to see the mft, they recommend that I keep the car, and call them when the system glitches up again.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Okay; shoot me your VIN in a private message and I'll see what I can do.

Rebecca

·
Registered
73 Posts
I get the same audio cutout some times. I also get it at times after a phone call ends. Dealer always said that software is up to date and nothing more they can do. I'm guessing that the car is trying to be smart and mute the radio at times you probably would want it muted, but doesn't have an option to unmute. I believe I see this most often when I am using the remote start feature, but I it also happens when putting the car in reverse too quickly after starting it. Putting the car in reverse has the effect of cancelling certain actions on the MFT, most notably when using the sync voice features.

More annoying though is when the car drops Bluetooth and reverts back to FM source on it's own. Those times, I end up having to stop the car, turn it off, open/close the door, and turn the car back on to get Bluetooth going again.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I can take a look at your VIN too, gatzdon, and escalate this concern if needed. PM me your VIN when you get a chance. :)

Rebecca

1 - 7 of 7 Posts