Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, like many of you, I recently updated to iOS 6, so I had to delete my iPhone from my Bluetooth devices and readd it. Although, after doing so, it was nolonger downloading my entire phonebook for some reason. That being said, does anyone know if this is a MFT issue (i.e. a phonebook contact limit), or some kind of issue with iOS 6?? Any help would be MUCH appreciated!! Thanks

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Well, like many of you, I recently updated to iOS 6, so I had to delete my iPhone from my Bluetooth devices and readd it. Although, after doing so, it was nolonger downloading my entire phonebook for some reason. That being said, does anyone know if this is a MFT issue (i.e. a phonebook contact limit), or some kind of issue with iOS 6?? Any help would be MUCH appreciated!! Thanks
If it worked before and doesn't work now, I'd say that's an issue caused by iOS 6. ?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it worked before and doesn't work now, I'd say that's an issue caused by iOS 6. ?
Well, before I rule this out, I'd like to find out if there is an actual limit in the number of contacts you can have in your phonebook. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Well, before I rule this out, I'd like to find out if there is an actual limit in the number of contacts you can have in your phonebook. Does anyone know?
Maybe I interpreted your original post wrong. I understood you to say that it "no longer downloading my entire phonebook". Which I took as, it used to download the entire phonebook. Is that not correct?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm not sure what went wrong on your end but I had no problems at all after the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
I'm gonna weigh in, for what it's worth.

I have a 2013, I see that you all do not. I updated to iOS6 and have had zero problems with MFT. I did not have to delete and re-sync. I got in my car and it worked just as well before the update as it did after, plus now the messaging feature is operational.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe I interpreted your original post wrong. I understood you to say that it "no longer downloading my entire phonebook". Which I took as, it used to download the entire phonebook. Is that not correct?
No worries, and, truthfully, I don't actually know for sure if it used to download my entire phonebook. The first thing that keyed me off though, was that it stopped in the "J" section and it didn't include my wife, Jessica (which it always had before). Also it used to have my contact for "Parents" too, and that's obviously not there either. With that said, I figured that I must have reached the internal limit for contacts on the MFT system. That's why I'm really curious about whether or not there IS an actual limit. Does anyone know? Ford Rep??

·
Registered
747 Posts

I have a 2013, I see that you all do not. I updated to iOS6 and have had zero problems with MFT. I did not have to delete and re-sync. I got in my car and it worked just as well before the update as it did after, plus now the messaging feature is operational.
cool story bro. it works in the 2012 too as they are the same thing. I deleted and re-paired mine after the update as well (ford recommends this). Phone book took a little bit to fully populate. This might just be a case of it not having enough time to download the data. Bluetooth is a very slow interface. Re-Pair it and go for a long drive would be my advice.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

cool story bro. it works in the 2012 too as they are the same thing. I deleted and re-paired mine after the update as well (ford recommends this). Phone book took a little bit to fully populate. This might just be a case of it not having enough time to download the data. Bluetooth is a very slow interface. Re-Pair it and go for a long drive would be my advice.
[chairfall][rofl][chairfall][rofl][chairfall][rofl][chairfall][rofl][chairfall]. true story. you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, after doing some snooping around in the Bluetooth settings, I found a nice workaround. I set it up to only download my favorite contacts, and then I just loaded up my favorites with all if my commonly used ones. After deleting my phonebook and redownloading it again, everything looks great! :-D

Just uncheck "All Contacts"

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
No worries, and, truthfully, I don't actually know for sure if it used to download my entire phonebook. The first thing that keyed me off though, was that it stopped in the "J" section and it didn't include my wife, Jessica (which it always had before). Also it used to have my contact for "Parents" too, and that's obviously not there either. With that said, I figured that I must have reached the internal limit for contacts on the MFT system. That's why I'm really curious about whether or not there IS an actual limit. Does anyone know? Ford Rep??
Hi, macatron -

We haven't had a chance to test iOS 6 yet, we're waiting for the arrival of an iPhone 5; I haven't heard of anyone not being able to download their phonebook after the update. Post iOS 6 install, did you perform a Master Reset on the system and remove the previous SYNC pairing from your phone? If not, I recommend doing so. To answer your question, you can store up to 2,000 contacts.

More information should be available soon, stay tuned:

http://Boards.SyncCommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=fordsyncmb&listMode=0

Jaclyn

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi, macatron -

We haven't had a chance to test iOS 6 yet, we're waiting for the arrival of an iPhone 5; I haven't heard of anyone not being able to download their phonebook after the update. Post iOS 6 install, did you perform a Master Reset on the system and remove the previous SYNC pairing from your phone? If not, I recommend doing so. To answer your question, you can store up to 2,000 contacts.

More information should be available soon, stay tuned:

http://Boards.SyncCommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=fordsyncmb&listMode=0

Jaclyn

Awesome! Thanks for the update as well as the clarification on the total number of possible contacts. To answer your question, no I haven't performed a master reset yet, so I might give it a try. :)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts