Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Wow! Glad to see it getting reviewed by a third party! Looks great! Much faster, cleaner, the added features under the hood like hardware acceleration via GPU rendering (should have been from the start...) and suspended states are great to hear!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I have been fortunate to have very few issues with my MFT, however I cannot wait for the update, looks great!
I'm in the same boat, but can't turn down a speed/stability upgrade!

·
Registered
364 Posts
haven't had a lot of issues with mft, only one reset after connecting something to usb... can't wait for this update though. expecting to just be surprised sometime in 2012 with a thumb drive from ford.

any expected ship dates for the thumb drives? last i heard somewhere it was at the end of january.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
they'll send them out I'm guessing when they're confident that there aren't going to be any nasty surprises this time around. the MFT problems hurt them enough this year... I'm hoping we'll get them before the 2013s roll off the line, because we'll know by then the system is good to go, otherwise it wouldnt be in the new vehicles.

·
Registered
446 Posts
they'll send them out I'm guessing when they're confident that there aren't going to be any nasty surprises this time around. the MFT problems hurt them enough this year... I'm hoping we'll get them before the 2013s roll off the line, because we'll know by then the system is good to go, otherwise it wouldnt be in the new vehicles.
I'm thinking the same thing. Mine froze up for 45 min today. Even after shutting the car off and back on. I'm ready, but have Patience. lol [thumb]

·
Registered
364 Posts
i'm thinking that the usb drives are in production right now and everything is finalized IF they will ship them out end of january. creating 250,000 thumb drives is no easy feat and probably would take a month or more to do.

if ford is already showing / demoing the system and letting third parties write articles / mess around with it... thinking it's pretty close to complete, if not already.

only thing left is mass producing it for the public.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Indeed. With 2013's nearing time for production, we're on the same page ;) remember, the 2013s wont be on sale till spring, but they'll be starting manufacturing soon, if not already, to have initial numbers high because they're gonna be shipping these vehicles all across the country and in some cases internationally.

·
Registered
130 Posts
That wasn't exactly true the first time around[grinking]

·
Registered
364 Posts
Does this update also include new Navigation software in a SD card?
they were saying it would have some navigation upgrades (if you got the nav. package). bigger street names, better 3d nav., more responsive (along with everything else). but as far as updating the maps themselves (a more current version), i do not know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been fortunate as well. Mine froze up for about 3 minutes once but other than that it's been as smooth as silk. I am very much looking forward to the upgrade. The response time looks flawless. I love the look of the audio section too. Far easier to navigate it appears.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts