Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Useless!!!!!

Votes: 8 19.5%
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought it would be nice to see what the actual numbers of people with MFT issues are.

So try this poll and see what the numbers show.

I'm very curious as I have been going back and forth about getting MFT. I am waiting until the fall/winter to decide on what I will get.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just thought it would be nice to see what the actual numbers of people with MFT issues are.

So try this poll and see what the numbers show.

I'm very curious as I have been going back and forth about getting MFT. I am waiting until the fall/winter to decide on what I will get.
Where's the option for "I wish the Focus I ordered 12 effin' weeks ago was here so I could have an opinion"?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yea, I can't vote yet either but I sure hope I'm in the "no problem" category.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Still can't vote.....but i would vote for "small issues, nothing to complain about"

But i'm def gonna bring mine in for the update whenever i get around to it as the system could run a lot smoother........but considering all that it does and can do, i can live with a few bugs every now and then.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yeah.. just some intermittent issues with ipod connectivity. Gets a bit slow sometimes, but usually not for long.
Only have seen the 'system maintenance' screen once.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have had a few minor hiccups and I think 4 system reboots overall. One of the hiccups today with the USB stick of music is the exact same issue that would happen randomly with my ipod and my 300c, nothing work complaining about.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What about a category for 'No Problems - I opted for Sync/Sirius Package instead.' For those of us out there that steered clear of MFT because regular Sync fit into our budget and we were ok with a few other packages (like moonroof/sport package) instead.

·
Registered
201 Posts
"Sync/Sirius Package instead" that would not provide any value to this poll, since the name is "MFT issues poll", and trying to understand as a percent how many people are having significant issues.

If people don't start voting for major issues with MFT, you might regret not getting MFT. buyer's remorse. =)

P.S. people are having issues with moonroofs, I am suprised you took the risk! =) I would take and did take MFT over moonroof. Would do it all over again, without any hesitation

·
Registered
671 Posts
wow im surprised by this poll lol... I was expecting something different.

One major issue, but was fixed right away

was my vote, MFT has been flawless since the APIM Module replacement and the 2.11 Update.

*knocks on wood*

also no problems with the transmission

*knocks on wood some more*

·
Registered
179 Posts
Major issues, constant "blank screen", system lockup/freeze. Pulled the fuse so many times I broke the fuse, had to replace it. Back up camera freezes then the system shuts down. Ipod is constantly "indexing", for days at a time, then days of "building media commands." No voice control available at all for the ipod until both of these tasks have been completed. Of course, if you have a "system meltdown" while either is in progress then you're back at square one and have to start all over again. Since taking possession of my car on June 23rd, I have had a total...now, wait for it.......21 MyFordTouch/SYNC meltdowns. The car has been into the dealer 12 times for various problems, but mostly MFT. It goes to the dealer, tomorrow afternoon for the MFT Gen 2 2.11 update (was there last week for the install of this update but the tech couldn't get it to download from the Ford Tech Support site.)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Had a few issues with MFT. Four days and counting since the update to v2.11, and now everything just works.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Major issues, constant "blank screen", system lockup/freeze. Pulled the fuse so many times I broke the fuse, had to replace it. Back up camera freezes then the system shuts down. Ipod is constantly "indexing", for days at a time, then days of "building media commands." No voice control available at all for the ipod until both of these tasks have been completed. Of course, if you have a "system meltdown" while either is in progress then you're back at square one and have to start all over again. Since taking possession of my car on June 23rd, I have had a total...now, wait for it.......21 MyFordTouch/SYNC meltdowns. The car has been into the dealer 12 times for various problems, but mostly MFT. It goes to the dealer, tomorrow afternoon for the MFT Gen 2 2.11 update (was there last week for the install of this update but the tech couldn't get it to download from the Ford Tech Support site.)
Maybe it just doesn't work when you get that far north! [rofl]

·
Registered
395 Posts
I gave it a useless vote.

My MFT does work, however it is so inconvenient that I run everything off my phone instead. Which works just the same whether I just had regular sync or MFT.

So it gets my useless vote :D.

If the poll had an option of: "It gives me a pretty wallpaper".

I would vote that instead.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Minor lag, that's about it. I have a theory that what devices you use are related to how well it works, I just have an 8GB USB drive attached that never leaves the car and I only occasionally stream off my phone. I wonder if those that have more trouble regularly change up their music more often and have thousands upon thousands of songs to index or something. I don't think I put much stress on it.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts