Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get this hooked up to play music over USB? Pre- or post-update.

If so, did you have to do anything special to make it work?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm still pre-update and my iphone 4 works fine, even with a regular Ipod in the other USB slot. The only annoying thing that happens is when i unplug usually it says "Iphone disconnected" on the screen while in the Audio Menu and never goes away; but no functionality seems to be affected by that.

Otherwise I have random issues with the bluetooth connectivity (which hopefully the update will cure), but other than that it all works fine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Son of a bitch. Something in my car is still (apparently) broken, I can't get MFT to recognize my iPhone over USB. I just got the v2.11 update today.

Back to the dealer for a 4th time, I guess.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mine was great before and after update.....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Fingers crossed mine will be fine. Why are these things so hit and miss. I can understand problems, but why is it only with a fraction of the systems? All of the internals are the same, correct?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Fingers crossed mine will be fine. Why are these things so hit and miss. I can understand problems, but why is it only with a fraction of the systems? All of the internals are the same, correct?
My iPhone 4 (AT&T) and my wife's work iPhone 4 (verizon) work fine pre and post update through USB and streaming.

I think some of the varying issues you're speaking of are sometimes user error, and some people are really quick to go to the dealer before they've properly learned how to use a particular function. Not saying this is this case for anyone here in particular...really just an educated assumption, FWIW.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My iPhone 4 isn't working either! I had a conspiracy theory that maybe it had something to do with Microsoft wanting people to use a Zune instead of iPod, lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine is connected and works almost all of the time. One thing I have noticed is that pre-update I was able to skip songs on music apps with the vehicle's audio controls. Now when I attempt to do that it merely pauses the audio (with USB connection of course).

BT Audio is a different story. It works, but I almost always have to reconnect my phone manually (after the initial connection when starting the car) to the BT Audio before using it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm having issues where every third time, it looses the bluetooth stereo connection. Also I have had issues with it consistently recognizing my iPhone 4 as a USB device. When it does recognize the iPhone, if I am over USB and try to skip a song in Pandora, it will pause the track, whereas if I am connected via bluetooth and am stream Pandora, it skips a track just fine.

The inconsistencies with device recognition is really frustrating especially if your someone who listens to music or podcasts on a USB or Smartphone.

I do tech support for a living, but I should not have to troubleshoot a car I just bought. Makes me think the product was half-baked when the decided to release it.

My car has the 2.11 update.

-Z

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I sy ced my iphon4 without any problems. I took delivery of my car in june and just had the update. As far as i can tell all components of the phone and mft work fine. Eveything went on w/o a hitch. So far vry pleased

·
Registered
781 Posts
v2.11 here, my iphone works both through usb and bluetooth, no issues. just don't hook them both up at the same time. that will confuse things!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Update. I found out that if I start playing something (without using USB) a few seconds later, sync picks up on the Bluetooth Stereo and you can start streaming the audio over Bluetooth.

If you switch over to USB while streaming, Sync pauses and once it recognizes the iPhone over USB, it starts sending the audio over the USB. BUT this does not always happen. And it seems every third USB connect, Sync needs to index the phone.

Seems sync has a significant learning curve and there are a few idiosyncrasies to cope with.

-Z

·
Registered
257 Posts
Update. I found out that if I start playing something (without using USB) a few seconds later, sync picks up on the Bluetooth Stereo and you can start streaming the audio over Bluetooth.

If you switch over to USB while streaming, Sync pauses and once it recognizes the iPhone over USB, it starts sending the audio over the USB. BUT this does not always happen. And it seems every third USB connect, Sync needs to index the phone.

Seems sync has a significant learning curve and there are a few idiosyncrasies to cope with.

-Z
SyncMyiPhone fixes the indexing issue. Also, I use a program called Bluetooth Service Manager from Cydia to disable A2DP. That prevents the phone from defaulting to Bluetooth audio.

·
Registered
492 Posts
SyncMyiPhone fixes the indexing issue. Also, I use a program called Bluetooth Service Manager from Cydia to disable A2DP. That prevents the phone from defaulting to Bluetooth audio.
Where do you get SyncMyiPhone from?

·
Registered
257 Posts
So what exactly does it do? The site doesn't explain it.
Sync is very particular about the format of the track info (track name, Artist, Genre). If there's songs with messed up track info it will cause Sync to try index those songs every time you plug your iPhone in, it will eventually lead to an "Index Full" error. SyncMyiTunes simply checks you iTunes library for tracks with incorrectly formatted track info and fixes them. Then all you need to do is Sync your iPhone. It took about 5 min to run through and fix 300 of my 1000 songs. It still indexes when I plug my phone in but all its doing is checking for any changes, but it does it so quick you don't even notice it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts