Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just joined so I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I just ordered a new 2012 Titanium Sedan and was really impressed with what you get for the money. Anyhow, I was underwhelmed by the sound system. My conclusion is that is wasn't tuned at all. There was like no bass to the music despite a sub.

Please tell me there is an equalizer somewhere where I can properly adjust the sound, and if so, how to get to it.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hey guys, just joined so I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I just ordered a new 2012 Titanium Sedan and was really impressed with what you get for the money. Anyhow, I was underwhelmed by the sound system. My conclusion is that is wasn't tuned at all. There was like no bass to the music despite a sub.

Please tell me there is an equalizer somewhere where I can properly adjust the sound, and if so, how to get to it.

Thanks everyone.
There is bass/mid/treble adjustments in the sound submenu.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that was fast, I just left for a few mins to eat something. Thanks so much mystic. Its one of those little things that's been bugging me since I took my test drive. I've tried looking for MFT manuals and documentation but even through ford's website there seems to be a lack of in-depth explanations.

Anyhow, I can't wait for late september (hopefully) so I can finally pound that sub.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah the equalizer menu is very easily accessible. There is a "sound" button right next to the main volume knob in the center of the console which will access the menu.

And so far I think the soundsystem sounds great, has plenty enough bass and the ten speakers really give a solid surround sound feel.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Wow that was fast, I just left for a few mins to eat something. Thanks so much mystic. Its one of those little things that's been bugging me since I took my test drive. I've tried looking for MFT manuals and documentation but even through ford's website there seems to be a lack of in-depth explanations.

Anyhow, I can't wait for late september (hopefully) so I can finally pound that sub.
I second that. I tried as well hoping to get a decent handle on the system before I got the actual car but did not find much in the way of help on Ford's website.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks wag...I saw these. Ultimately I didn't find them all that useful in relation to MFT. It's all just real preliminary info.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Thanks wag...I saw these. Ultimately I didn't find them all that useful in relation to MFT. It's all just real preliminary info.
You're kidding right? Those manuals tell you everything you need to know. Are you sure you looked at the MFT Supplement 2nd printing?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Now that you are talking about the sound system, I have a SEL, sedan, with the Sony, and 10 speakers, but I noticed, that the speakers in the rear doors doesn`t sound as loud as the ones in the front. Even if I put the sound only in the rear, the sound is bad...
Is this Ok? Or there`s something wrong with my system?? [dunno]

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're kidding right? Those manuals tell you everything you need to know. Are you sure you looked at the MFT Supplement 2nd printing?
Yup, looked at everything. There is nothing but generalities. Most of the images they show make it look like it pertains to the downgraded Myford system, not MFT. There are no screens for that, I have no idea where anything might be. It's very confusing. I don't have any idea if some of the settings even apply.

What I was hoping for was a MFT manual akin to a new manual for a cell phone or even laptop that would guide you as to where everything specifically is for that system.

Guess I'll just have to wait for the car to arrive and try things out for myself.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yeah the equalizer menu is very easily accessible. There is a "sound" button right next to the main volume knob in the center of the console which will access the menu.
This has constantly struck me as odd. Of all the actions I perform with infotainment, adjusting the equalizer/fade/etc is pretty infrequent. (I get it how I like it & then leave it.) So I'm not sure why it was made its own button. Clearly, they wanted a second button to balance the asthetics, but there are other functions I would pick before "sound" (a visual scan that lists what's on your preset/favorite radio stations would be pretty cool).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts