Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 Focus Titanium went to the dealer because an excessive amp draw (around 350 ma) was leaving the battery dead after sitting overnight. Dealer diagnosed a bad Front Display Interface Module (FDIM) which I believe is actually the MyFordTouch display/touchscreen. Before the battery began dying, I had been getting a "Vehicle Transport Mode Activated" message on the screen. Not sure if that's related. Got a check engine light also. To cut to the chase, my bumper to bumper warranty is expired. Ford announced a 5 year unlimited mileage extended warranty on MyFordTouch a couple of years ago - but the FDIM is specifically not covered according to my dealer. That seems ridiculous to me, how can they say they extended the warranty on MFT and not cover the touch screen that is the very heart of the system! Anyone else had this issue?? Dealer says $1,100 to fix it.[mad]

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hi Fortymile,

I think we are talking on Facebook, but just in case that's not you, shoot me your VIN in a private message and I'll see what I can do.

Rebecca

·
Registered
73 Posts
That's interesting, because based on the letter I received, I would have thought the touchscreen is covered by that warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts