Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you cantrol the rear defroster by voice with MFT in the Focus?

·
Registered
187 Posts
My list of sync commands has "Rear Defrost <on or off>" as the command.

It is on page 73 of the second printing of the MFT Manual.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can anybody confirm if this works? My manual shows this as a command, but when I try it, MFT does not understand it. When I bring up the list of "What can I say", Rear Defrost On/Off is not listed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I didn't see that one. Thanks for linking the threads.
yes, mine works..

i'd say "Climate" first then say "Rear Defrost On/Off".. sometimes it does not get it the first time though
Hmmm, interesting. It never works for me, even after I installed the insulation around the microphone. Are you sure it turned on the rear defrost (button below climate contol has the yellow light illuminated)? I ask only because I have tried many times and occasionally it will respond with "Defrost Panel On", but that's not the rear window; it's the front defrost and the dash vents.

Because it is not listed in the "what can I say screen", I'm thinking it's like the ambient lighting (can't be controlled on the Focus MFT).

·
Registered
53 Posts
My brain must be wired differently but for me it is so much easier to just reach over and push the button. [confused]

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Because it is not listed in the "what can I say screen"...
Same here. Mine can't be controlled by voice nor is it listed in the menu.

But to be honest, it's more easily (and quickly) done by merely glancing down (if needed) and pressing the button. I wonder if the new MFT update will correct this or if we’re missing some type of fancy control module….

1 - 8 of 8 Posts