Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
from an announcement at Syncmyride.com today

For MyFord Touch, MyLincoln Touch Customers, the USB-installed update is now available on the Update & Customize Page. Vehicles that are currently at V2.3 or higher can perform the USB update. This software release is the latest update in our continued efforts to improve system performance, device connectivity, and the overall SYNC experience. This software contains all previous enhancements, so there is no need to install any other updates.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Thank Goodness!!!! I will do it either later or this weekend. As a reminder, when you do this, please print the directions and follow it to the word. Be patient as it will take time and hopefully, we will get great results. I look forward to it and I think the complaints we had about the update availability at the dealer only (and the complaints at the dealer) resulted in action.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the intent is all upgrades would be available for self installs. They were running tests with customers doing the upgrade themselves for the last couple of months to get feedback.

There's one part of the upgrade that may look like its done if you're watching the screen, but it really isn't, so that's why the instructions are emphasizing waiting for the Installation Complete screen to show before pulling the USB out.

In the future, upgrades may even be via WiFi.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Thanks for the info, FF4!

Just wanted to take the time to let everybody know that we've unveiled our first self-install update on SYNCMyRide.com for SYNC with MyFord and MyLincoln Touch!

Version 2.11, previously available only as a dealer-install update, can now be downloaded from the Web to a USB flash drive and installed in your vehicle. Click here to check it out:

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Module...uestLogin.aspx

For details and instructions see our post in the Owner to Owner forum:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...yncmb&tid=4337

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great weekend and enjoy your Focus! [loveff]
~Jaclyn

·
Registered
10 Posts
Excellent!!! I really wasn't looking forward to taking my focus to the shop to have this update installed. Now I'll be installing it this weekend.

Thanks Ford,

Miller

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also, reboot your cell phone after doing the update

should also reboot cell phones once a week or so

·
Registered
647 Posts
So I've inserted a blank 2GB Lexar (non-password) USB flash drive into my computer and I hit the "Let's start" button on the Syncmyride website, but the only thing that happens is a small white screen with scrolling gray bars appears and just keeps on scrolling and scrolling. Nothing seems to be downloading at all and I've been waiting for at least 20 minutes. I'm using Windows XP with Firefox 6.0.2.

What am I doing wrong?

Tony

·
Registered
712 Posts
from an announcement at Syncmyride.com today

For MyFord Touch, MyLincoln Touch Customers, the USB-installed update is now available on the Update & Customize Page. Vehicles that are currently at V2.3 or higher can perform the USB update. This software release is the latest update in our continued efforts to improve system performance, device connectivity, and the overall SYNC experience. This software contains all previous enhancements, so there is no need to install any other updates.
Advance apologies if I'm being stupid but why does it say we have to be at v2.3 to get the v2.11 update. Isn't that going backwards?? I'm pretty sure I have 2.10 but need to re-check tonight.

·
Registered
263 Posts
why is it so hard to find a list of fixes/updates for this MFT 2.11?

Am I blind?
This is what it shows on syncmyride.com after you do the update;

This software update improves system performance and stability of SYNC® with MyFord Touch® and MyLincoln Touch®. This means that the system will automatically recover if it experiences a black or blank screen, and reduces the likelihood of the 8-inch touchscreen remaining active for 30 seconds when the vehicle is turned off and a door is opened.

Stability of the system has been improved when:
•Replying to a text message
•Downloading SiriusXM Travel Link data
•Using Navigation features
•Removing a USB device or SD card
Other improvements include:

Voice commands: Better recognition of radio station commands, dialing by number, and an enhanced list of voice commands is offered when you ask, "What can I say?"
Mobile phones: Overall improved phone pairing and connecting times. Improved phonebook downloads for iPhone® 4 and other devices with phonebooks that contain duplicate contacts. Removal of 911 Assist® pop-up screen for customers in Mexico and South America.
SiriusXM Satellite Radio: Overall enhancements include enhanced voice commands for SiriusXM channel names, as well as radio presets, frequencies, and corresponding icons display after tuning.
SD card Navigation: Improved overall stability of the South American Navigation.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I attempted the update three times and it failed for various reasons (the strangest one being not enough space even though it was a formatted 4G USB stick containing nothing but the updater).

So I did a master reset and re-downloaded the updater today, and it finally went through the update process. After completion, my MFT screen reads "system fault" and nothing works. I'll take a screen pic later. Guess it's off to the dealer to fix this....ugh.

·
Registered
109 Posts
When I started my car again (a few hours later) it did the "performing scheduled maintenance" and went on to update another file. The "Installation Complete" box came up and now it's working fine. Seems faster than before. Glad the system fault error was only temporary and I don't have to take it to the dealer [:)].

·
Registered
647 Posts
Yeah, not really happy with this update.

I've had a few "performing scheduled system maintenance" screens ever since the update (have not had any for 4 months prior) and then yesterday when I got into the car the screen had completely froze in the position it was last in when I parked it the day before. The time, the name and position of the song I was listening to, everything was permanently stuck, even when the car was off.

I took it in to the dealer and gave them a list of 10 other things I've been keeping tabs on since I bought the car, 3 or 4 of which were all new problems that started after the update. [:(!]

Tony

·
Registered
96 Posts
I did the upgrade - seemed to work fine but I get a strange software version #

"4.23.11134_PRODUCT"

Does this make sense to anyone?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yeah, not really happy with this update.

I've had a few "performing scheduled system maintenance" screens ever since the update (have not had any for 4 months prior) and then yesterday when I got into the car the screen had completely froze in the position it was last in when I parked it the day before. The time, the name and position of the song I was listening to, everything was permanently stuck, even when the car was off.

I took it in to the dealer and gave them a list of 10 other things I've been keeping tabs on since I bought the car, 3 or 4 of which were all new problems that started after the update. [:(!]

Tony
If I read this correctly

Thanks for the info, FF4!

Just wanted to take the time to let everybody know that we've unveiled our first self-install update on SYNCMyRide.com for SYNC with MyFord and MyLincoln Touch!

Version 2.11, previously available only as a dealer-install update, can now be downloaded from the Web to a USB flash drive and installed in your vehicle. Click here to check it out:

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Module...uestLogin.aspx

For details and instructions see our post in the Owner to Owner forum:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...yncmb&tid=4337

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great weekend and enjoy your Focus!
~Jaclyn
The update is only for people who did not previously have the 2.11 update installed at dealer, did you go to dealer for 2.11 already?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts