Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just switched phones to an Atrix. Previous phone did not support the protocols needed for text messaging(iPhone). I am now able to get and send texts, but incoming texts appear as "unknown" source, and therefore it makes responding more difficult. Anyone have similar experiences with the above described hardware or another combination? possible cause?

TIA

·
Registered
967 Posts
As far as I know, anything related to sending texts is phone dependent. Your phone may not support passing along the number of the incoming text to the car?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Just switched phones to an Atrix. Previous phone did not support the protocols needed for text messaging(iPhone). I am now able to get and send texts, but incoming texts appear as "unknown" source, and therefore it makes responding more difficult. Anyone have similar experiences with the above described hardware or another combination? possible cause?

TIA
I have an Atrix and no no problems.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cappa, what application do you use for your music? I tried spotify last night and it works with USB but BT does not recognize the tracks.

TIA

·
Registered
15 Posts
For reference for others, I know that the Droid 2 by Motorola does not support the texting feature. That is unless I didn't set it up right.

·
Registered
671 Posts
cappa, what application do you use for your music? I tried spotify last night and it works with USB but BT does not recognize the tracks.

TIA
I use my iPhone 3GS converted to an iPhone to play my music that and mostly just Sirius. Don't really use the Atrix for more than the phone capabilities lol.

·
Banned
127 Posts
Make sure you update Your Atrix phone first to version 2.34. Do a clean pairing and answer yes to downloading phonebook and then the MAP profile will then show up on phone..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What do you mean by clean pairing? I initiate the pairing from MFT, but I have not done a reverse pair yet, initiating from the phone.

I do get a MAP popup and I selected allow. Is that what you mean by the MAP profile will show up on my phone?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update on the music and BT question: it was a spotify thing. maybe the premium subscription allows streaming. I created a folder manually on the phone and copied some music over and it worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Update on the music and BT question: it was a spotify thing. maybe the premium subscription allows streaming. I created a folder manually on the phone and copied some music over and it worked flawlessly.
Yeah, pretty sure the only way to stream on your phone is via the premium version at least thats what I remember from singing up to it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes, you have to be signed up for the $10/month spotify plan to stream from your phone. And you're probably better off just copying music since I doubt you can control Spotify from MFT (that'd have to be a MFT app in the future).

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tried another phone. Names do not appear... Messages do not always show up either, I have to manually download them. Is there a lag between the phone chimes for a new message and the time SYNC chimes for a new message?

I am also still having issues with controlling media on the phone via BT. If I am running a music app on the phone, I can control the app via SYNC, but no album conver/name etc. The raw music on the phone sometimes is there, sometimes it doesn't play anything if I do not have a music app running on the phone.

I received the MAP message on my phone and I accepted it during pairing. Is there another request I am supposed to receive on the phone from the SYNC system? (I did a regular pairing, not a reverse pair)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts