Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pioneer double din DVD touch screen thing modded into the dash of my svt. The previous owners did it using a metra kit bolted to the head unit and it doesn't look like it has a sleeve or anything. How on earth does this come back out? I need to hook up the reverse camera sense wire and can't make out which one it is through the glove box opening. I can't tell if any fasteners or clips hold this in and I have pried, pulled and taken the plastic to the limits. I am about to hacksaw this mess out! Anybody know how they might have installed one of these or a common method to remove?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking. Nowhere good to get in there and push on it but I will keep trying. It must be trimmed just right. I might feed a rope around the back of it and try pulling from both sides.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the confidence that it snaps in. I got it out at the expense of the metro side plates. That thing was jammed in there and they cracked upon removal. At least now my reverse camera comes on by itself when I shift. I was able to break the remaining side plates evenly and it almost looks like it belongs that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts