Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to use meth injection on my car in the near future, ill be running a jrsc/bbk, i want to use it as a track/race only setup to keep the temps down and to safeguard against detonation, can someone explain how the injection works and also which kit would go well with my setup?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Im curious to. Always wondered if it was practical.

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so any vendors carry this? i see cfm has the snow kit, anyone else have something?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
...I've got the Snow kit on my Turbo'd 04. The kit works well enough,BUT the location of the TB & {TPS specifically} allows the TPS to be flooded out . I replaced 2 or 3 before finally disconnecting the fuse. wasted move if you don't use a TB spacer as a nozzle injection point AFTER the TB plate...[:(]

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Well ...yes & no... No specifically for the Snow kit nozzle to my knowledge.. Yes for a TB spacer that can be modified, like the "Turbonator" whatever or some similar. I think it could be drilled and tapped for the snow nozzle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I installed a cooling mist kit in my turbo'd probe. I installed the nozzle right after the turbo,seeing as i am not running an IC. It dropped my IAT's about 25-30* but I was unable to test & tune much cause the next day my car died.

·
Registered
666 Posts
THOUGHT: I dont know how the nozzle mounts (id imagine it threads in) but I remember back when I had my NX kit, it came with a....thing....that allowed you to mount the nozzle to your rubber hose. Youd basically put two nuts together with a threaded insert. You obviously cant drill and tap rubber so this worked great. If its the same size, you could drill after the TB (on the manifold) screw the halfs together and thread the sprayer in. Ive never seen a snow sprayer so I have no clue if itd work. I want to get it and I'll find a way....

Look here: http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Instructions/stage1.pdf (Scroll down to illustration B)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've had the Snow Stage 2 Variable MAF system on my mustang for 6 months and will say there is a definate improvement to be felt. Since mine is a MAF system, it comes on in relation to MAF voltage. As for the nozzle, I've got mine tapped into my Vortech inlet pipe right at the bend to the TB so its a direct shot. If you are planning on using a meth system, I highly suggest that you tune for it. Heck, I even believe that Anderson Ford Motorsports kit specifically states that without a tune you WILL loose power. I know this isn't specific to our beloved Focus but the principle is the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts