Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking at a Trophy valve cover kit for my 2000 zx3 zetec but i just noticed that mine and from what i've seen yours are flat on the drivers side of the block and my plastic valve cover has 2 dips on the drivers side so i'm guessing it won't work? The contour covers i've seen now are all flat with no dips corresponding to the cams. Am I out of luck with the metal cover I have or is it ok and I can get the kit?

Thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
wait a minute.. dont you have a metal cover :p lol

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes but I need a hardware kit I think. Noticed today the metal one I have is flat and no dips unlike my plastic one which has dips so I thought I'd ask them since I came across another members post who had the same issue and his metal one(same as mine) doesn't fit cause it leaves a gap where the dips are. Haven't pulled the plastic cover to double check since I figured asking is easier lol.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Go to autozone and ask for a 96 Contour Valve Cover Gasket ^_- any issues just pm me.

btw did u paint it if so lets see

·
Registered
357 Posts
lets see :p

·
Registered
175 Posts
here it is its old ford blue, and theres a pic of the whole engine bay as well, im open to dress up suggestions thats what i have been working on, my next step is a new header since mines so rusted and is missing 2 bolts.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I like it, Should sand down the zetec so its shinny than the rust, glad your happy with it :). Id get a batter cover, maybe put the cover back on the header for time being, spark plug cover valley. etc

·
Registered
175 Posts
Lol I would but the header cover wasn't on the car when I bought it. And should I paint the battery box blue or no?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Yes, our valve cover/hardware kit comes with all the correct gaskets, spacers, bolts, grommets and oil cap.[woot]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts