Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I purchased my 2012 Titanium White Pearlescent hatchback in December (24th - nice Christmas Eve present).

I have seen some other 2012 Canadian Titanium models that have Nav AND the message centre compass. Mine does not have the message centre compass. My buddy's 2013 has nav and the message centre compass.

Not to mention, the instrument panel cluster had to be reflashed to actually enable the low windshield washer fluid alert. It was a bit irritating to run out of windshield wash on the highway one afternoon, in snow.

Should the compass be in the message centre in 2012 models with nav in MFT?

Is there an easy way to do it without going back to the dealer (the last time I was there for the windshield wash, it was $35 for the dealer to plug the car into a computer to reflash the IPC)

I tried searching on the forum and found one thread that indicated yes and no.

Anyone know if the compass should be in the message centre in 2012 models with MFT?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks chemistkremer.

My car doesn't actually have the convenience menu.

I saw in the manual that cars with MFT and Nav for 2012 don't have the compass in the message centre for 2012, but I have seen a lot of 2012s, with Nav, with the compass in the message centre.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Aaron,

Does you ti have nav? Does the compass appear in the message centre on your car?

The dealer "apparently" reflashed the message centre to enable the windshield wash low fluid indicator (it didn't work when the car was delivered), but I think it was basically plugged into something like what VW cars have - VAG software - to enable features. I'm sure the Focus has similar connections and software.

·
Registered
382 Posts
No I don't have nav but will in a few days. A screenshot of the apim and screen I received had the compass. My non nav unit currently installed didn't have the compass until a mft update a couple years back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's good for you. I did the 3.6 MFT update and nothing happened to the apim - not surprising. At least MFT doesn't crash half as much when reading music from my iPhone 6, fingers crossed.

I'm sure there is some way to activate the compass.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I think I had the IPC compass at one point, but I definitely don't currently have it on my car. [thumbd]

·
Registered
382 Posts
I can't remember my password on syncmyride. Entered in my email address and have been waiting an hour for them to send me a temporary password. I've also downloaded the zip file from your link and tried to install it zipped and well as extracted. Mft screen says it can't download because the file isn't installed to the root drive of my device. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I can't remember my password on syncmyride. Entered in my email address and have been waiting an hour for them to send me a temporary password. I've also downloaded the zip file from your link and tried to install it zipped and well as extracted. Mft screen says it can't download because the file isn't installed to the root drive of my device. Any suggestions?
Make sure the folder is extracted in the root of the USB key. Example:

U:\MY_SYNC\files within the zip here

·
Registered
382 Posts
Btw with the update to 3.6.2 I still have the compass. Maybe it depends what nav card you have?? I have the a5 card.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Thanks I'll do that! I haven't been to sync my ride in ages I assumed 3.7 would be all that was on there now.
3.7 is only for 2014-15 models. Probably will work with prior, but you'll need to get it from someone that got it early or has a 2014-15.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts