Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's another. Using the left cursors on the steering wheel to go into "settings/display/navigation info" there are three options
Always Off.
On Guidance.
Always On.

I have it set to "ALWAYS ON" and yet there is no difference than when in "On Guidance" I only get the picture of the vehicle to show status lights etc.
What is ALWAYS ON """""SUPPOSED"""" to do?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Always on always shows the next direction in your 4" LED in the cluster. On guidance will only display it there when it's coming up.

It's pretty simple and it seems like you actually answered your own question.

Remember, that left button cluster is controlling the small LED screen, and that doesn't impact your MFT system.

Also, from now on since we don't have separate sub-sections of our 2012 forum, I'd recommend putting any questions/issues into one thread, rather than starting a new one for each topic. Or atleast group the like ones together, such as your blinking nav light and this one, could have been just one thread with both questions. Just saves space/bandwidth.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response feta_mpg. I actually hadn't answered my own question but you did. I know the left and what it's for....I just thought "always on" would always show nav info such as the current road you were on....not just when you have a destination set. So i see the difference is made once you have a dest. set then it always shows next turn vs. only as you approach.
As far as making seperate posts would be ideal save that I didn't have this question when I was asking about the blinking.....could add though after but it would change topic and might be overlooked.
Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
No problemo. Yes you're correct in your assumption that it's only when you have a destination set. Since it's the same system as a car without MFT and Nav, and only relies on SYNC directions otherwise without Nav, it makes sense that it's only when destination is selected, since SYNC services rely on a connection to your phone.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
No problemo. Yes you're correct in your assumption that it's only when you have a destination set. Since it's the same system as a car without MFT and Nav, and only relies on SYNC directions otherwise without Nav, it makes sense that it's only when destination is selected, since SYNC services rely on a connection to your phone.
But Sync services is not available for Canada :(

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Whaaat? that's a bummer. It's come in handy for me before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts