Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to do upper and lower mesh grills today. Do the rest of you that have done these mesh grills lay the mesh over the stock grill, or have you all removed the stock grills and put the mesh in it's place? Also, what have you used to attach the grills to the bumper? pics would be helpful.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
How do you plan on doing the upper grill?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
if you attach over the top then there will be shadows and will not look right. I just bent the ends up and used zip ties in spots where not visable from the out side. This was on my body kit and vents.

·
Banned
503 Posts
not if u cut off the fog light mounts where it meets the lower grill [:D] [:p]

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I haven't done it yet b/c when I got to taking everything apart there's a bit more involved so I'm trying to plan this out before I get started. For the lower grill I'm going to cut the tabs that connect the lower grill and fogs together. Reconnect the Fogs to the bumper and insert the mesh. For the upper I'm going to remove the grill and insert the mesh grill. Then maybe get small LED's or something of that sort to attach to the back of the mesh grill for the turns. Or my other thought was to make the fogs my turns, and just not put anything behind the grill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts