Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, if this needs to be move then that is fine- I Just didnt know if I was allowed to post in the group buy section?

I along with what seems to be MANY other svt owners am looking to go FI along the lines of the JRSC + BBK or the power works kit. I was thinking if we could get a thread going showing positive interest (try to get an approximate number) we might be able to see if any of the supporting vendors could work a group buy and get a decent discount on either of these kits! The price of the jrsc + bbk isnt too bad but I would prefer the PW kit as I know many others would- but the 4800 price tag makes that hard to swallow. I would also buy a vortech kit if we had enough people to get the price down.

So if you are looking to buy either of these blowers in the next 3 months please stick a post in this thread.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yea, put me down for a SVTF PW kit for under $4k. I have the money now but who knows how much will be left in three months. Hey PW, where is the love for the SVTF owners.

Pat

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is the blower on the regular zetec smaller than the one for the svt? (gen 5 m45 right? think I have those numbers/letters right anyway...lol) if its the same actual blower unit I dont see why there is such a huge difference in price (almost 2k!) I assume they are quite similar as the original price on the zetec units was somewhere around 4500 I beleive, so if they can take 1500 off that it sure would be nice to see 1k off the svt price! I would be all over it even for 4k...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Last I heard, they're having problems getting enough intercoolers together to make kits for the SVT in the first place. There's no shortage of demand at the current price, so I doubt there would be much movement on price for a PW GB. Still, one can hope!

·
Registered
456 Posts
There are differences in the Zetec and SVT kits. The blower parts themselves are identical (M62 rotor/gear sets).

The currently on sale Zetec kits (Gen1) won't fit the SVT ... the sale price is to sell out the remaining stock.

All SVT kits sold to date have been the Gen2 design - redesigned to be a more 'universal fit' assembly on all Zetec variants.

All Gen2 kits have unique CNC upper intake port matching work done to either fit a Zetec head or a SVT head ... they are not identical.

All Gen2 kits have a revised oil filter relocation system ... required to fit SVTs and autos (Gen1 auto kits also get this new system).

Gen2 SVTs also have some specific SVT req'd parts - larger fuel injectors (which have recently gone up in price) and bracketry.

Supply and demand too ... our first batch of SVT Gen2s sold out and the next batch is just now in stock and ready to ship!

But please go ahead and show your interest in a group buy. I'll keep an eye on this thread and let the pricing decision makers know about it if/when appropriate.

·
Registered
191 Posts
What injectors come with the SVT kit? 42 lb'ers?

Good to hear these are back in stock, great work!

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Yep. Powerworks finally has the svtf kits back in-stock. If someone wants to buy a svtf kit, I would recommend giving us a phone call.

·
Registered
526 Posts
COSDEVSVT said:

But please go ahead and show your interest in a group buy. I'll keep an eye on this thread and let the pricing decision makers know about it if/when appropriate.
Ok, lets see if we can make this happen. If you know of a SVTF owner who is thinking about going FI and would consider PowerWorks if the price was lower, tell them to post in this thread. We should get the word out on the other Focus forums as well. Spread the word.

Count me in.

Pat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts