Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Ford Fiend
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a Steeda CAI in the FF Marketplace from member NickCornell. When I pm'd him about the condition of it, he stated outright that the intake was in "perfect condition", but he had painted it to touch up some scuffs. I agreed to buy it, and sent him Paypal. Just before he shipped it to me, he sent me a pm stating that he just pulled it off the car, found corrosion on the heat shield and "tossed a fresh coat of paint on it and shipped it out". He did not give me an opportunity to comment about the issue or cancel the transaction before he shipped it. Obviously, he didn't actually know what condition it was in when he stated it was in perfect condition.

When I asked for a refund because the item was not in "perfect condtion" as he described, he said, "Sales are final. The intake functions perfectly for its intended purpose." He had never stated "sales are final" until after I requested the refund.

Here are pictures of the CAI heat shield as I received it. Note the pitted metal that has been spraypainted poorly, bubbled and peeled paint. The edge trim is also missing.:

·
Ford Fiend
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
''Perfect condition'', wow,,,,,,,
I'm sure you can imagine my displeasure when I received that. I'll admit that I dropped the ball by not requesting pictures of the item before purchase, but that doesn't excuse Nick's dishonesty. When the seller says, "perfect condition", that should not leave anything to question.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
That looks like shit...

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I'd hate to see his interpretation of a hottie is. Ours are 2 different things, I'm sure.
I'm telling you bro! This chicks "Perfect"!

Ok I feel bad for posting that.
But it's still funny.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
LOL, Looks like she has a few temporary issues that'll clear up later. I was really thinking of the HD plumpers,,,,,,,

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
LOL, Looks like she has a few temporary issues that'll clear up later. I was really thinking of the HD plumpers,,,,,,,
Trying to keep the issues comparable. lol
She just needs a coat of rattle can, with no prep-work. haha

·
Ford Fiend
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whats you talking about? That's perfect condition,,,,,,,, LOL. IDK if you can do anything thru paypal.
I have a Paypal dispute pending. I'm keeping my expectations low.

Thanks for the humor guys--great stuff! I need to lighten up after this transaction...

Trying to keep the issues comparable. lol
She just needs a coat of rattle can, with no prep-work. haha
[giddy]

Ok I feel bad for posting that.
But it's still funny.
You should, but thanks anyway! [giddy]

·
Registered
2,553 Posts

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Humph - one good & one bad for a total of Zero as a BST rep..
Interesting.
Would be better if the forum could show the 50% rating.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Not enough info. from that though, 1 good = 100%

BST points by itself at least represents volume of feedback as well as +/-.

·
Super Moderator
9,527 Posts
Plus the fact that you can always check someone's B-S-T rating before purchasing. Mine for example is 50, with 0 negative comments. If it were to show percentage, it would just be 100% without any details as to how many sales I have made. Just so you know, there are some transactions that don't show up as well. And a lot of people don't leave feedback either. I would probably have closer to 80 if that were the case. But as for being in perfect condition, that's not even close. This is the reason I always fill out requests for getting as many pictures as I can.

·
Ford Fiend
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Interesting.
Would be better if the forum could show the 50% rating.
I agree, at least in this case. If I were buying from Nick, I would assume that he has no rating and probably wouldn't even click on the (0) and see the 50% rating.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I agree, at least in this case. If I were buying from Nick, I would assume that he has no rating and probably wouldn't even click on the (0) and see the 50% rating.
Exactly. Because most people haven't used it.
I'll start checking though just in case.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.