Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i looked under my hood today and noticed that the plastic handle of my dipstick was completly melted from contact with my headers so now i cant check my oil and the dipstick "housing" is touching my headers is there anyway to replace the hole thing and possible relocate it so this dosent happen again. any ideas would be really helpful

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
do you have a stock header? yes it can be replaced just go to your dealer its like 15 bucks i bought one yesterday.

·
Registered
514 Posts
The same thing happened to me when I had my Edelbrock short header installed. They guy who installed it did not look to make sure there was plenty of clearance. I purchased a new one from the dealer and make sure to move the dip stick tube over a little bit before I tightened the screw that holds the dip stick tube in place.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i dont have a stock header ai have a jba shorty header im sorta a noob so how difficult is it to install the new dipstick?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Loosen one bolt that holds the dipstick tube in place and pull on the tube... should come out fairly easy.... then replace with new one... make sure that you push hard enough that the tube is seated properly or oil will leak out where the tube meets the motor.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts