Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chemical Guys Torq 10FX

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see Meguiar's has a new d/a polisher coming out in mid December. I'm also adding Chemical Guy's new polisher= the Torq FX10

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,111 Posts
Why would I do that when I'm from Long Beach & love the west coast.[thumb]

To visit. We have an awesome pulled Pork place here you can try. Slide around on snow. Make a snowman.

Vacation.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To visit. We have an awesome pulled Pork place here you can try. Slide around on snow. Make a snowman.

Vacation.
What for^^^^^^ You can go in a store & buy a snowman if you want[grinking] & slide around in the rain & we serve fish here.[thumb] You should make a showing to our OSFW4.[lockdance]

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,111 Posts
That's a long way to go man. Plus school. We have pond fish here. Delicious.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
739 Posts
My Porter Cable 7424XP is still chugging along nicely. May not be the best but I'm not doing 10 cars a year like I used to. Heck, I haven't even done my Focus since I got it in March. I think I lost my passion when I started doing other people's cars. [:(]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My Porter Cable 7424XP is still chugging along nicely. May not be the best but I'm not doing 10 cars a year like I used to. Heck, I haven't even done my Focus since I got it in March. I think I lost my passion when I started doing other people's cars. [:(]
You should do your own car, since your not doing a lot. What polisher do you like between those two?

·
Registered
739 Posts
You should do your own car, since your not doing a lot. What polisher do you like between those two?
I really need to. I used to rent a house which made it much easier to detail my car with access to outlets and water outside. Now I'm in an apartment complex with makes things a bit more complicated. I think if I had to choose between the two buffers you've listed here I'd go with the Torq 10FX. Looks like a heavier duty unit. I will say however that I'm a big fan of Meguiars polishes. I pretty much use Meguiars' microfiber pads and polishes exclusively now.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The GC's machine does have digital speed control. I'm waiting to see what most ppl say about both of them & I would think Griots would have one soon. Have you tried Griots M/F's?

·
Registered
739 Posts
The GC's machine does have digital speed control. I'm waiting to see what most ppl say about both of them & I would think Griots would have one soon. Have you tried Griots M/F's?
Unfortunately no. Only have experience with the 7424XP. Really wish I had the chance to try some other ones as I know the 7424XP doesn't have a whole lot of power.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unfortunately no. Only have experience with the 7424XP. Really wish I had the chance to try some other ones as I know the 7424XP doesn't have a whole lot of power.
Jump on the CG's site for their new machine & AG's site for the Megs machine.

·
Registered
472 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So Micheal, whats your next machine?

·
Registered
472 Posts
So Micheal, whats your next machine?
I like the price of the Torx, but I'm still going with the Rupes bifgoot duetto… That seems to be still the top of the line machine, and I haven't heard anything bad yet about it… It's a bit pricey, but I'm hoping it will be worth it, and it should be the last machine I ever have to buy.

What have you got your eye on for the next season?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like the price of the Torx, but I'm still going with the Rupes bifgoot duetto… That seems to be still the top of the line machine, and I haven't heard anything bad yet about it… It's a bit pricey, but I'm hoping it will be worth it, and it should be the last machine I ever have to buy.

What have you got your eye on for the next season?
I was looking at the Duetto also, but a couple of new machines came out. These 2 are throwing me off track. I like the duetto, cause its a xp7424xp on steroids & is a smooth machine. Then 2 other machines came out & threw a wrench in the works. Both are around 200.-220. & the duetto is a no deal 320. as you know. I'm going to wait till after the 1st of the yr. With LC coming out w/ new pads for the Rupes machines, what pads would you run? Seems like they're both about the same price. It'd be great if AG comes out w/ a pkg deal as they have for the 15. Or if you bought 8 or more pads to get a deal.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm not too keen on the 319 price tag of the Rupes compared to other machines…. but the only other machine I would probably touch would be a Flex… as stated, if I pick up a Rupes, it will more than likely be the last machine I pick up.

I've been running Lake Country pads and enjoy them. I haven't used the hexalogic pads yet, but I planned on trying them from CG. I don't need much cut on the cars I own, it's all just maintenance at this point, so microfiber pads and hexalogic pads aren't really necessary for me at this point in the game, but I'm always looking to try something new, so I might give them a whirl…

1 - 20 of 34 Posts