Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I followed the directinos for this stuff today to THE LETTER and my wheels are covered with streeks. I washed my car with regular soap first just to make sure I was putting this stuff onto a clean car. The directions indicate to apply a thin coat and let dry. Well I let it dry and it looked like I covered it in soap and never rinsed it. Has anyone ever tried this stuff before? I saw another guy on the forums here post pictures of his car after he used it and it looked impeckable! What could I have possible done wrong?

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I hate to ask, but did you take the wax off? I've never used the Meg's Cleaner Wax, but I assume it's like most where you apply, let dry to haze, buff off.

If you did try that and it's still streaky, maybe the towel had some wax residue on it, try a clean towel to get the last bit off and they may "un-streak"?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i use it all the time as a "base" coat. never had that type of problem before, so i would assume that you're just got some sort of residue left on your towel as well.

·
Registered
301 Posts
or try to use wax cloths,u can but them anywhere.or 100 percent cotton shirts,but the cloths work way better

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Lil PZEV said:
And all MF is not created equal,
Now where have i Heard that before? [;)] [thumb]

*cough*waynestowels.com*cough*

[thumb] [thumb] [thumb]

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the directions said to use a clean towel to wipe off whatever remained after it dried, which i did. so i don't know. i'm gonna give it a few more tries and check out some different material cloths. i really want the old girl to shine.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I can think of two possible problems. The first is that the towel you used to wipe the wax off after it dried, either had wax on it or the towel was wet/damp. Or, the wax may not have been completely dry yet. If the wax isn't dried, it will be very difficult to remove. To test whether or not it is dry, take your finger tip and tap it. If the light pressure from your finger is enough to remove/smudge the wax, it isn't dry yet. A tap from your finger shouldn't really remove any wax.

I've used Meg's Cleaner Wax for a few years now, and love it. The only car I've had issues with it on is my dad's 300ZX. No matter how long I let it dry, it still streaks and leave a little haze, but every wax I've used on his car seems to do this.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
are you talking about Meguires 3 step process? cuz if so, it does tell you to wipe off immediately. dont let it dry. this is a thumbnail, click it to make it bigger

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I use the cleaner wax all the time on my rims, works great.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
scrammer said:
are you talking about Meguires 3 step process? cuz if so, it does tell you to wipe off immediately. dont let it dry. this is a thumbnail, click it to make it bigger
That picture is from a bottle of DC1. DC1 is a paint cleaner. Not cleaner wax! the Deep crystal system is three part.

1. paint cleaner.
2. Paint polisher.
3. wax.

Paint cleaners and polish you wipe off after you have worked them in to the paint. wax you MUST let dry before you wipe for it to be fully effective.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts