Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my new 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Sedan. It is painted in Red Candy Metallic (extra cost option). Also, it features package 401A and the winter package. I picked it up from dealer stock and did not order it from the factory. It had 216 miles on it when I picked it up on 7/31/11. Right now, it has about 1600 miles on it. It is a very good car, aside from some MFT issues. Enjoy the pictures!!!!

[ffrocks]

·
Registered
967 Posts
Nice looking ride - going to tint the windows?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Welcome to the club. That's a nice looking car you have there. Do you know what the build date is on it? Just want to make sure you have the latest MFT update installed.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Have you applied some leather protection since you got the ride? Yours is the only other 2012 with leather I have seen up close, other than my own. Your leather "screams" compared to mine, it seems so shiny.

Not a complaint, just an observation of curiosity.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
completely_focused, I do not know the build date. Where can I find it? Also, according to syncmyride.com, I have version 2.10 and not the updated version.

CalgaryDrummer. Thank you! I did not personally apply leather protection. It could be that Maroone Ford could of added something prior to sale, or that they cleaned the seats so well. I am not certain.

·
Registered
712 Posts
You can find the build month on the sticker near the drivers door hinge. The exact date is on the bottom right of the window sticker. I believe the date is buried in a long # as follows: xYYYYMMDDxxxx

I was also curious on you build date because I went through a major search to find a Red Candy Titanium (flatbed transport from 3 states away) because this color was unavailable after the Japan paint shortage. I still have not heard whether they have a duplicate replacement.

·
Registered
232 Posts
You can find the build month on the sticker near the drivers door hinge. The exact date is on the bottom right of the window sticker. I believe the date is buried in a long # as follows: xYYYYMMDDxxxx

I was also curious on you build date because I went through a major search to find a Red Candy Titanium (flatbed transport from 3 states away) because this color was unavailable after the Japan paint shortage. I still have not heard whether they have a duplicate replacement.
I have a candy red metallic tinted clearcoat built with the new replacement red and almost everybody first comments on how amazing the color looks! I have heard comments like "hot rod candy red" to "lipstick mettalic red" etc etc and they all like how it changes with verying light bouncing off it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
My build date was 5/13/2011.
May 13! That must be the original Red Candy. Wow, I wonder how that stayed around so long. Maybe it was the one they used on the American Idol Videos.

I have a candy red metallic tinted clearcoat built with the new replacement red and almost everybody first comments on how amazing the color looks! I have heard comments like "hot rod candy red" to "lipstick mettalic red" etc etc and they all like how it changes with verying light bouncing off it.
Cool, I wonder how close it is the the original? Sounds like the very same with the changing color tone, etc. Wondering what will happen if (heaven forbid) I ever need a panel re-painted. Have you posted any pictures up here?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Looking good, and I love the color!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Cool, I wonder how close it is the the original? Sounds like the very same with the changing color tone, etc. Wondering what will happen if (heaven forbid) I ever need a panel re-painted. Have you posted any pictures up here?
Ford says that have some of the original paint held back for future repairs and that the current red should always be available for repairs.When I ordered my car ford did not have a paint chip or color sample of the replacement candy red but they told my saleslady that the color would be extremely close to the original.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Ford says that have some of the original paint held back for future repairs and that the current red should always be available for repairs.When I ordered my car ford did not have a paint chip or color sample of the replacement candy red but they told my saleslady that the color would be extremely close to the original.
Thanks, that's good information to hear. Let me know if you have any photo's posted anywhere (not that I'd be able to pickup any difference since photo's tend to have some effect on color anyway.)

...And congrats on the sweet new wheels danyall2010!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you everybody! I am in Toastmasters and just gave my fifth speech. I will give a sixth speech in a few weeks and it will be on "Breathless Mahoney." It is something I definately look foward to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts