Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,
I will be getting a SEL with 302A package. However i never own leather seats car before so I'd love to hear some opinions from you guys on the 2 color that are available. If it helps, my car will be sterling grey. thank you

·
Registered
297 Posts
We had the same dilemma with an Ingot Silver that is now on order. We have had a car with black leather (looks nice, but tends to be really dark) and something close to stone...the lighter leather looks great but really shows the dirt. Indigo dye from our jeans requires a thoro' cleaning with leather cleaner.

With all this in mind, we ordered Tuscan red; saw it in a Focus we test hopped and really liked how it looked. The red inserts brighten up the interior, but shouldn't show the dirt like light leather will.
Moon

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Great suggestions, Moon. In my experience, black will absorb and hold the heat from the sun. Good in winter, not so good in summer. Sterling grey looks pretty dark, and may not do much to reflect some of the sun's rays, and from what I hear from my summer neighbor, it can be AWFULLY hot in South Carolina. My wife's new Forester has a very dark grey/purple exterior, and black cloth interior, it is always hot inside compared to her previous Forester, which was cherry red with tan cloth interior. My CD silver ST with black/red partial leather SVT seats doesn't seem to get unbearably hot.
Which ever you choose, enjoy!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have owned a lot of new Fords over the years with many different color leather interiors. The one I traded in on the Focus was an 05 500 SEL AWD with a sand leather interior. It looks nice when it's clean but hard to keep it that way. Even though we live in south central FLA. I went with the full black leather in my Titanium. The car has air so I don't really see a problem with the heat.

·
Banned
571 Posts
Lighter coloured leathers will eventually get dirty in the natural creases that form part of the leather. Eventually, even if you clean it regularly, you'll have dark thin lines across the leather.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Me personally, between the two, I'd take the leather. I'm not a big fan of leather, but I'm also not a big fan of the Medium Stone interior color scheme either.

Are these your ONLY options?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just traded in a 4 year old Mercury Mariner Hybrid with stone leather seats. They did have to be cleaned every so often as they did show the dirt. My new Focus SEL hatch has the black leather interior. With the 302A package and the winter package I now have heated seats - - so cold leather seats are no longer a problem. As far as the summer heat, leather seats of any color will get hot - - don't think it makes a lot of difference whether you go with stone or black. It's more a personal preference in terms of how the color of the interior goes with the exterior. Just my 2 cents!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts