Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm from Australia, and drive a Focus Trend. The Trend model comes with this display:

The system also has sync, but I have a feeling it is a basic sync: voice commands, bluetooth, ipod, aux, etc.

I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade to the non-touch, 4-inch screen just with plug and play, and without losing sync capabilities?

Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Crikey, your interior is... backwards.

There was some guy here from Turkey who was good at this sort of thing.
Perhaps a search is in order...

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
The only difference is the side of the car you sit on. The pedals are the same and the shifter pattern is the same. So all that you'd have to get used to is shifting with your left hand and getting a sun burn on the right side of your face.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I'm going to Australia in November. I don't know which side of the stalk the wipers/turn signal will be on. I have a feeling it's going to be super weird...

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Not half as weird as you expect.

For what isn't the same (wheels, pedals etc.) your brain compensates quickly from the obvious clues. How often do you need to wonder which hand to control the window by when you sit in the right seat now?

I'll move this to the Car Audio, SYNC, MFT & Electronics section where there are many prev. threads on changing components like this.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Are the pedals not the same?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Yeah that's what I thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts