Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me the measurements on a stock svt crank pully I need to know to inquire about a high output Mechman alternator and I haven't had time to take off the timing belt cover to measure it and a google search has netted me nothing. Thanks
Michael

·
FF Affiliate
31,098 Posts
The SVT has a high out Alt

If you go to a after market Alt you will still need a Custom tune because the ECU controls the Alt output in many ways , I have been through this with a few Customers already

Tom

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
I will delete your other thread.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want a tune anyways thats not an issue I just need to know the size of the pully so I can get on track with the info on this alternator

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking for an alt that's at least double the factory unit at peak and idle Mechman or singer can do this I'm checking with both

·
FF Affiliate
31,098 Posts
Is this for amps and stereo ? The stock ALT can put out a good but if commanded to , how much do you need , these Alt are not like the old days , with a tune I can up the voltage and out put , old days you had to change parts then spin the alt faster , I can also raise the idle so the Alt puts out more at idle

Sorry dont have the info you need

Tom

Tom

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes its for a stereo system I have around 3000 watts RMS total between my two amps and I will he running a couple good size batteries and I need an alternator strong enough to power these batteries and I want voltage to stay as high as possible. On my saz2500 sundown amp I plan to run at .5 ohm so its going to draw some major current. I'd like both an ho alt and the tune as well so I can raise idle to around 1000 rpm and get even more idle output and like I said I am interested in a tune for my svt anyways. I currently have a k&n typhoon intake and a dominant engineering 2.5 inch ORP and flex combo. I plan to finish the rest of the exhaust later 2.5 all the way back with a borla but I can change the tune at that time and have a tune now for my current mods correct? The wat I umderstood it its free updates for life so long as it stays na. What is the price on a tune?

·
FF Affiliate
31,098 Posts
I can do you a custom tune and do you a custom tune with idle to say 1200-1500 ( more rpm more voltage output) that you can change for say cruising or competition then go back to the regular custom tune when not drawing all the voltage

I charge 429.00 and 20.00 for shipping , you get the custom tune , free tune updates as you add more NA mods and my datalogging services

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts