Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and twofocused (george) and my buddy tomey (he has a modified focus but wanted to drive his buddy's truck that night) went out last sat night to a local car show.. we stopped off at a car wash to freshed up the vechiles.. hes the pics i took

me and george

here is george's colored matched handles.. looks really good

another

·
Registered
894 Posts
Those are Mazda tribute door handles. The painted ones are stock on the V6 models. They are smooth and exact replacements for the Focus. You can get the keyhole like I did or get the non keyhole ones if you have power locks. On the power lock cars the driver door has a keyhole, you can cover it up if you want to. The only negative is if you lose the keyfob or have a dead battery, then you will have to crawl through the trunk to get in. Small price to pay to look cool.

The trick is to go on the Mazda lot and see if the Tribute comes in your color, there are 2 different silvers, but neither are CD silver. I know the Sangria, black, and Cloud 9 White are the same, havent checked on the others. Once you decide that the color matches go into the dealer and try to get them to look up the part numbers. They run about $43 + tax a door if you order them from a dealership, about $30 a door no tax if you order them from a dealership that has online parts sales.

I tried to research part numbers on the web, problem is that there were 6 differnt part numbers for Red handles, I couldnt figure out if it was the same Sangria Red or not. The parts guy finelly figured out that all 6 numbers were superseeded into 1 number.

I think that a Escape also has the same handles. The contour of the handle is slightly more peaked than the Focus, but the base looks the same. If they are the same, then there are more color options.

Mazda and Ford call thier paint colors by different names and different color numbers. Sometimes you can cross reference them, sometimes not, that is why it is best to go on a lot and look for yourself.

Install is easy, about 45 minutes a door, a couple minor speedbumps, I can post instructions if anyone wants/needs them.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Twofocused said:
chick, us or the cars....hope....hope....hope.........
Both...[;)]
I don't even wanna know what that is supposed to mean, Fzsport...[hihi]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.