Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bad luck!! [:(]. I installed my Intake a couple days ago, and well after I got it installed I wanted to take it for a drive around my driveway, one problem!, the car wouldn't start. When I tried starting it, it made a clicking noise. We'll I talked to Mofocus on AIM, and he said it probley the battery so today I went out to my car, the interior light was dim so I'm like yea it is the battery, So I charge the Battery. After letting it charge, I go to my car, this time the interior light was brighter, put my key in they ignition and when I turn it over, the interior light jus goes out and it makes more of a clicking noise, and the ABS and another light are flashing but are dim, and the green light that comes on when you turn the AC on was flickering and I didnt have the AC on, I take the key out and it still making the clicking sound and the AC light is still flashing. Anyone know what the ****!! is wrong?

·
Registered
123 Posts
First I would tell you to put your original intake back on. But I dont see how that would affect your battery unless, somehow you unwittingly disconected something in the install and removing the new intake might shed some light on the subject. In fact I noticed on my car, when I took the resonater off of the air box that there are two grounds connected to the wheel well right behind the battery and below the air box. Check those and make sure you didn't disconnect them or hurt those grounds in anyway. That may be your problem. I can see how in taking the airbox out how you might have hurt one or both of those somehow.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We'll I'm not sure if it is the battery because after I charged it, the interior light was normal and shit, but when I tried starting it, the interior light went out, and did that other shit I posted above, and why would it be making that clicking noise and the AC light flickering when the key is out?

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
do u have any corrosion on the positive cable? use a steal wool brush to clean it off. it can prevent the battery from making a good connection and wont provide the power to crank over.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Possibly check the wires for starter and alternator as well, in case one of them got bumped.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Ouch. Nothing is worse than having something happen that you have no idea how it happened. I don't have the patience for it and I know that you probably don't as well as we are in the same "mental boat" lol.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^^ HAHA, yeah. It's pissing me off, cuz I put on a intake and then my car doesn't start lol, this time I didn't flip out tho

·
Registered
123 Posts
Like I said probably the only way you are going to figure it out is to remove the new intake and retrace your steps and check all wires you can check. If one doesn't have a good contact it could cause the symptoms you are talking about. If the terminals are corroded it could do the same thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts