Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heading out to Maryland International Raceway next weekend to check out Imports vs Domestics. We'll be heading out to watch. Want to see how many focis will be there!

www.importvsdomestic.com

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah we are going just saturday too. You're the 3rd focus we know that will be there. We're bringing ours and a friend is bringing his ZX5.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
if I wasn't working I'd stop by....

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
Helping a friend move into his new house on the Patomic near Indian Head.

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
I just got the Focus back up and running yesterday after the cams and intake mani install so if I can get the tuning done and get a test & tune in before then to dial the car in, I'll be in 12.50 index. If I can't, I'll be spectacting both days and pit crew for others from our club.

Also, the Mid-Atlantic Domestics car club are putting up a $50 bounty to the domestic vehicle that runs closest to the index in the 1st round of eliminations in the 10.50, 11.50, and 12.50 index. We've got several running in each class as well as a couple guys in true street and street fighter classes.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Hey Bryce, you guys still meeting up on Saturdays?

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
Hey Bryce, you guys still meeting up on Saturdays?
Yes, but it will be sparingly now since it's getting cold and since this event is next weekend, we'll all be down there.

BTW, you have a PM.

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts

This is tomorrow and Sunday. We're leaving Laurel at 530am in a convoy of American muscle headed down to Budds Creek! :D

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
This was a pretty sloppy event. It was organized well but the turnout of cars was just too much for the schedule and planning. They only got 2 qualifying sessions in for the heads up classes due to the cold and the track freezing causing them to close it down earlier than expected Saturday night. They had 700+ cars there this weekend. They had over 40 cars break and/or wreck on Saturday alone. There were several bad wrecks involving cars hitting each other and going head on into the walls. Definitely not a good weekend for racing track wise but air temp and weather wise was perfect for making tons of power and setting records. Chris Little bested his 7.59 X275 record with a 7.56. The Peurto Rican RX-8 rotary went 6.51 @ 215mph only to get beat on a holeshot. That little rotary was hauling it.

Mike Brown in his '98 Trans Am was shooting to break the world radial car record in the semi-final round and pushed the car for broke. He ended up pushing a piston ring at some point down the track which dumped a ton of oil out into his catch can. The catch can overflowed dumping oil onto the track and under his rear tire just pass the 1,000ft mark. He went sidways and into the wall and crossed the 1/4 mile beams on his driver's door and still ET'd 7.21 @ 173mph. The car flipped on it's roof and hit the other wall before coasting to a stop still on it's roof. That pretty much ended the racing for Sunday night.

Next year, this event will be a 3-day long event with TnT on Thursday, round 1 qualifying on Friday, 2nd and 3rd round qualifying on Saturday, and only eliminations on Sunday. The ET bracket class will be cut for next year as well as that took up a lot of time between heads up classes. There will only be heads up classes next year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts