Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have yet to meet anyone else on this forum so I thought I would see if anyone might be interested in a GTG maybe in the Rockville area. If anyone actually shows interest, we can narrow it down to an actual location and date. I know at the moment my ride doesn't look the prettiest (cracked front fender and busted fog light) but I'm willing to deal with the embarrassment in order to actually meet some other focusfanatics. Any interest?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woot Kickstar!

Do we have any other folks up for joining in? Come on all you MD folks, I know you're out there...plus I know there are a few of you that even live in the general area near Rockville.

·
Hon-duh Rider
1,347 Posts
I'd venture out there from Clinton..

As long as you're not trying to circle the Beltway, cuz i have enough of that damn road thru-out the week..

Let me know.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shoot, I just assume stay off the beltway. So there's a possibility that I'm going to be busy for the rest of July (will confirm that this week sometime). If that ends up the case, would grabbin' like a Friday night or Saturday in August work for you folks? That might give time for a few others to notice this thread before then as well. I figure once we get a date, I know a number of spots on the Rockville Pike that we could easily meet up.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, sorry for taking a bit before posting again. So here are a few dates I'll throw out and see if anyone has an opinion...how about either 7/28, 7/29, 8/4, or 8/5 in Rockville, MD and we can meet on the Rockville Pike (355)? There are a few different parking lots that would be easy to meet up at. We could meet at the Mid Pike Plaza or there is always space in the parking lot behind CompUSA. For things to do, we can grab a bite to eat on the pike as well as check out Starbucks/Barnes&Nobles (folks like taking their rides there on weekends). Other than that, I'm open for suggestions...I've never done a g2g before so I don't know what all you folks normally would do. So if you folks are still interested or if some more folks want to join in, let me know and I'll make sure not to make plans for that day.

·
Registered
550 Posts
will there be strippers and alcohol?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does rubbing alcohol count?[drinking]

·
Registered
571 Posts
lol im down but might i suggest mabey a ocean city G2G......since its been all hot it might be nice to meet up there and go to the beach

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I could possibly do OC instead. If we do that, someone else might want to decide where we meet cause I don't know OC too well.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ping

So yeh...no one really has responded once I've thrown some dates out there. Do I assume this to be a dead idea or are you folks interested? I keep looking at the other threads to see if there are any other things going on. I'm not sure if I wanted to do a meet up at a track (someone has mentioned an event in Sterling but I was hoping to do something that didn't involve money just to even get in to the place). I"m totally fine with driving out of state (PA or VA). Either way, I'm still up for meeting up...

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Have you checked out the 'Focus in the Sticks' sticky in this forum? Aug-19-20 and you don't have to auto-x you can just come for the BBQ and hang out[;)]

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
Jopala said:
(someone has mentioned an event in Sterling but I was hoping to do something that didn't involve money just to even get in to the place).
It doesn't cost anything man. Where did you get that idea?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was checking out the flyer and I got the impression that it was a type of event in which you pay at the door to just attend. If it isn't setup that way, my bad. Simple misread on my part. [slap] I'll check out the flyer again and see if it's on a time frame that I can check it out.

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
8pm till whenever.

First time stayed till about midnight, the most previous stayed till like 1145. Sometimes it dies down sometimes it don't.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Well there is a cruise-in tomorrow afternoon/evening in Cumberland according to this:

JULY 29th The Ali Ghan Shrine Cruise In will be held at the Ali Ghan Shrine Picnic Grounds in Cumberland MD from 2:30 PM till 8 PM. All makes of cars & motorcyles are welcome to attend. For more information call (301)724-4339.

I might show up to that. We'll see[:)]

·
Registered
461 Posts
I got all excited until I figured out Cumebrland is exactly the opposite end of MD from where I am (174 miles). I'm spending all day tomorrow with, or inside my car; cleaning and installing new stuff : ) should be a very fun day!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts