Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered Ford Racing Stage II cam's from McNews and I just got them in. I open the box to see there is no Ford logo on the cam's. This troubled me b/c now I'm thinking that I just paied $345 for knock off cam's. I measured them and the base circle's and Lift measurments are off by up to .003". I know thats not much but has anyone eles measured your cam's when you got them (like your saposed to) and is the variation that much with other Mfg's? And whats the deal with no Ford logo? All these say is "SPORTCAM".

Whats the deal man? [paranoid]

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
They are fine... Sportcam makes the "blanks" You are good.

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
ford doesn't make their own cams. mine only came with the part # stamped on the ends.
you should be fine Mcnews is a good company.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks. I feel better now.[thumb]

·
Registered
958 Posts
y dont u just post up the part number...should be M-6252-A202...mine had it carved into the end of the shaft, on the base circle

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
^^ what he said. If it doesn't then you might have an older version which doesn't have the p/n on it.

I'd call McNews if you had any concerns. I'm sure Ray would hook you up.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Being off by .003" isn't saying much unless you're using high-precision measuring equipement that only engineers and machinists would have in their toolkit. A low-cost dial indicator or caliper could easily be off by .003" or more from the factory, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts