Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out ebay and a dealership from around here is selling an SPI McNews Focus. I saw it and was like WTF... since when did McNews start selling Foci that were modified by them. Shows how much I know I guess..[B)]

McNews Focus linky

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
but its an SPI! why dont they modify a zetec or duratech and mod that, much more performance and resell value.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
Don't miss this legend, this is a rare sports car that has earned its reputation as a leader in its industry.

???? ummm yah the focus aint a sports car its a compact :) I mean yah its a hell of a nice compact and I wouldn't want anything else but comeon???

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
ok, this is wierd, but i thought the spi was a 2.0 like the zetec. well, maybe its just me.
anyways, looks like nothing more than appearance stuff to me.
wow, i just noticed a cool upgrade they did! relocated the gas pedal to the cup holder. LOL[8]

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
something seems a little fishy to me...

at one point it says this:
Engine: 4 CYLINDERS 2.2 Liters
but later (under the pic of the engine) it says this:
Unmolested 4 cyl. with all factory hardware other than cold intake
i dont know everything about engines, but how do you bore out a 2.0L to a 2.2 without molesting the engine and on all factory hardware...?

and why is there so much APC (all plastic crap) on the car?

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
wtf....

maybe the previus owner last name was mcnews or something...
ad th seller confused him with the the focus builder mcnews

·
Registered
374 Posts
def a 2.0 spi engine...check out the engine pic. Personally don't think it looks that bad, at least it isn't covered in vinyl graphics...And who the hell is McNews, should that mean something to me[?] [?] [scratch]

·
Registered
862 Posts
We build custom Focus for Ford dealers. Mostly cosmetics because of warranty issues. Gene Latta Ford is one of our dealers. Most cars have a body kit and wing. Apex springs (early cars had eibach), 17" wheels and a sticker package. Some of there cars also had tail lights, bumper lights, Hella projector lights, gauge faces, and catbacks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts