Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am slowly starting a build on my 2000 zx3. I have Ford Racing head, which i BOUGHT from Mllbaseball..........good seller by the way.
I got a sweet deal on a pair of McNews Turbo grind cams. I plan to use in in my head. Has anyone had first hand experience with them? Have you heard anything about them? Whatever info you have, dyno sheeyts, etc.......let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
700whp, duh...

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
i've heard nothing but good things. for your goals, ya, ur gonna want them. however, i don't know how they will flow above 7k. ur gonna need about 8k rpm for 700+ whp.

good luck w/ ur build!

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
700whp.....you're gonna need a better head.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
To make 500whp, you're gonna need at least a GT3076 or similar size turbo. Jared made 504 @ 28psi with ported head, Crower stg 2 cams, etc. If you want to hit 500 a little easier, GTX3076 is pricey, but has great spool and tons of power potential.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Never seen anyone make high numbers on the turbo grind cams, only person ik who has used them is Tim ( Turboturtle) his foci made 350whp back in the dam.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looking to get a gt 3582r dual ball bearing............Fr intake and throttle body already in the garage. 2 1/2 intake piping and 3 inch exhaust and if possible 3 in down pipe

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
If you don't get a 3" downpipe, you're going to hurt that 35r a lot. It needs to breathe if you want 500whp easily. FRIM should be decent enough, although Top Speed's race IM is better.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
looking to get a gt 3582r dual ball bearing............Fr intake and throttle body already in the garage. 2 1/2 intake piping and 3 inch exhaust and if possible 3 in down pipe

Need 3in intercooler piping and downpipe. ditch the FR intake

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
It's possible but you gotta run more boost prob 7psi more (just a guess going off of Stolle comparison from the ford racing to Topspeed mani). Which means your pump gas numbers won't be as strong and thats what most ppl run.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Also this bothers me. Just because you got a good deal doesn't mean it's good for your car. I look at it like this, if your going to build something to make power use what is proven to make the most power. No point to do things twice.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also this bothers me. Just because you got a good deal doesn't mean it's good for your car. I look at it like this, if your going to build something to make power use what is proven to make the most power. No point to do things twice.
I definately agree with you. I bought this set up over 2 years ago. I do not think Topspeed had the manifold tested at that time. I am going to use what I have. I do like the Topspeed intake though. I am looking to make 500whp on race gas! I am not looking to use a tilton clutch for my everyday driver............Not DD friendly. PM me Roush.......send mr your cell. I wanna send u a few pics!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts