Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the MBRP 2.5" application for the SVT will fit onto my 2000 ZX3? I want a 2.5" pipe, and it seems that this company has a pretty good reputation...

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
it should, but the connection from the flex to the long straight pipe might have a differnet bolt pattern....dont quote me on that though. some one else may know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just installed a Pacesetter Shorty header today, want to throw in a cat back exhaust, and am going to rip out my catalytic converter and flex pipe and just get a custom bent pipe from the header to the exhaust....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So does anyone know if the hanger's are in the same place for the 2002 SVT as they are for the 2000 ZX3? also the channel in the bottom of the foci's are they the same? I'm pretty much sold on ordering the MBRP but I want to make sure that the 2.5" application will fit... If its a matter of the flange's not fitting I can always get a shop to fit the flanges for me...

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
I have the mbrp 2 1/2" on my ZX3 with a trubendz 2 1/2 " flex pipe , it bolted right up!
it will be loud without the cat, but you get used to it. i like it[thumb]
With the shorty header you're still gonna need an off-road pipe to go from your header to your flex pipe! hope that helps. btw just be sure to get a zx3 flex pipe, the svtf is the same after the flex p. dimentionally. if the hangers don't match up any shop can hang your exhaust for ya for a small fee.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Mmmmmmmm MBRP.........

·
Registered
527 Posts
how good is the quality of the mbrp? its cheaper isnt it? i will be needing an exhaust here in a bit.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
its not a cheap exhaust...
it cost less than many...but not cheap at all...

it tend to be loud and older versions...like mine...have a ricey sound...check the exhauts clips on the thread...

·
Registered
189 Posts
I love my MBRP. I matched it with a shorty, rt cat, bosal flex, and it sounds just right- not too loud.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts