Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just a satisfied customer of mbrp and doing a little advertising for them. no biggie.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
letting all the other fanatics know my opinion on this exhaust if they are in the market looking to upgrade their own exhaust.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I got the same exhaust last summer. I loved it then and I love it now. On their website, they have sound bites of the exhaust, and it sounds just like it

·
Registered
281 Posts
You see someone else told me their MBRP sounded completely different from the sound files on their site. The sound files on their site sound kind of weird. Burbly. VERY Different though.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I dont care for that sound. I agree it sounds kinda weird. If you're looking for a good exhaust, go with the HKS cat back, I wouldent reccomend any of the others

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
I for one know that the HKS doesn't produce the best gains but does seem pretty pricey.

Btw how many cat backs have you had on your car since you can't recommend any others, I figure you must have tried them all since that would be the only way to say something like that.

·
Registered
697 Posts
lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
all i can say is that i'm am so happy with my exhaust and the sound/performance. i enjoy sitting back and laughing at the foci with just mufflers from thrifty or midas. it's great. in asheville, we have a small focus gang who at least acknowledge each other's presence. one guy from erwin middle school is always really nice to me - he has the mbrp exhaust and inspired me to purchase my own. with cold air and this exhaust, it was a nice improvement away from all the exterior mods i have done so far. i am eventually doing the Sean Hyland/MM&FF 514hp turbo focus once i get the money to build the block and buy/upgrade the turbo system from innovative turbo. prob run some nitrous too. i'm hoping to get into the 10's, then i will be completely satisfied with everything i've done.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
ok focaltech hks is the best you know why cause on the back of one of those import tuners they advertise greddy exaust systems. you know what they have a hks as a competitor and guess what the hks puts out more power on the dyno than xhaust system. know i have a few focus drivin friends. my cousin got a magna-flow i think it is the best for someone on a limited budget. it sound ok, and so does borla i never heard a car with trubenz i don't even think it is customized for the focus i think it is all just a bunch of custom size pipes that do fit the focus. < correct me if im wrong....anyways so ive hear a wide variety of different xhaust for the focus. my friend with the magna-flow wishes he had my exhaust. i think that the hks is one of the top ranking xhausts out there. granted yea it might cause i nice slice of cheese, if people make decent money i would totaly recomend it. if no id go with a magna-flow. i don't like borla the welds on the tip look like shit imo. ya borla's been out longer than most of us have been around i still think that borla should have never gotin into 4 clylinder's they got it goin on with the v8's though ill give them that. ; )

<valuble info> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ : )

·
Registered
143 Posts
The piping on the HKS is very small, smaller than a stock SVT's piping. Similiar to a lot of the rear muffler systems out there. I was going to go with Borla for the 2.5" exhaust but I decided to go with MBRP after hearing the both of them mixed with the ORP. I have the MBRP 2.5" and it is great sound, loud but fun =). The car has a sort of rally car sound to it, and it is SOOOOO free flowing. Also mixed with the OPR it feel like it has low end torque, could be in my head but even feels like more torque from when it was the ORP mixed with the stock SVT exhaust. Just my .02 .

-Mike

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
well...
my 2 cents...
why does the focus ralley use mbpr and not hks if hks is better...?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts