Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have the mbrp exhaust on their svtf? which exhaust kit would be the best to get for my ride? was thinking of the magnaflow or borla 2.5 exhaust kit..

so far i have
67mm TB
K&N SRI
Tom's Tune
and am getting an ORP next month. im looking for the best HP/TQ gain w/the ORP and exhaust system?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
It will be LOUD. it's loud on my zx3 and i have 2.25 inch. with hfc

·
Registered
247 Posts
yes with an ORP it is going to be very loud!!!! but im running a similar set up header, no cat, trubendz flex, and svt mbrp and i LOVE it!!!!!!!

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
I say go for it,, I have a HFC and a Trubendz with out the resistor.. I love the sound

·
WOOT!!!
1,408 Posts
i have the borla 2.5.. i love the sound so far... i have the one with the resonator... its not that loud.. i thought it would be louder but i was told that it has to be broken in then it will sound much better..

·
Turbo Freak
2,193 Posts
MBRP i love it!
go to socal thread look @ Azusa canyon pics go to the second post there is a video clip of my car u can he the mbrp pop.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
don't get me wrong.. i love it.. i wish id of gotten the 2.5 inch with an orp... lol

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT DO MBRP WITH AN ORP!

I just sold my MBRP, because it was the sounded like a civic with a fart can, and so loud you couldn't hear yourself think going down the highway. I just put on a Borla, and it is pure sex.

On the other hand, MBRP does sound nice with a stock cat.

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT DO MBRP WITH AN ORP!

I just sold my MBRP, because it was the sounded like a civic with a fart can, and so loud you couldn't hear yourself think going down the highway. I just put on a Borla, and it is pure sex.

On the other hand, MBRP does sound nice with a stock cat.
coo coo!!! thats something good to know. mbrp is good with stock then? so far leaning to borla exhaust.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Duratec guy here but Im running a header with SVT MBRP (2.5", resonator). It sounds great when catted! At first I hated the sound with the header but ive grown to love it. Its very raw sounding, loud and raspy but can be quiet through town when you want it to be. Also nowhere near as a bad as the typical riced out civic sound.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
coo coo!!! thats something good to know. mbrp is good with stock then? so far leaning to borla exhaust.

MBRP is good with stock, a little "tinny" sounding, but not bad at all. After having both, I would say Borla hands down. It can be really quiet when you need it to be, and throaty when you get on it. IMO Borla is perfect.

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
my mbrp sounds awesome. a little raspy between 2500-3000 other than that it sounds deep. my setup is svt header, 2.5 opr, 2.5 flex, 2.5 svt mbrp. from outside it sounds like a race car i love it lol

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
You know, I had ORP on my HKS system, and it has a really good sound and wasnt over-bearing like i thought it would be. My stock svt exhaust was over bearing with ORP. i hated that crap.

I say go with a Tru-Bendz System, pick the muffler, and tip, and pipe diameter, and construction.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts