Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering I will be receiving my MBRP (Gen II) catback this week and was wondering if anyone has tryed installing, or having a muffler shop install, a catalytic converter into the piping? I am wondering this because I have an OBX 4-2-1 race header and I don't want my exhaust to be to loud.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you don't want it to be too loud, and do not have to test for emissions, just install the biggest resonator you can fit, no need to install a cat. (unless you are doing it for the enviroment too).

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
just turn your stereo up[;)] & your exhaust won't be to loud[hihi]

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Im sure a shop can cut out a slot and weld in a new cat for ya. Dont know how much it will be, but get pricing from several shops. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Before I got my FS Stealth, I had the MBRP with the SVT Header and that sumbitch was loud. I even had an ADDITIONAL resonator installed and it was still too loud for my taste. If you don't want loud, my advice would be to add the biggest freakin resonator your side of the Mississippi.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol, thanks. I just got my exhaust in today and will be installing it this weekend after work. If it is to loud for my taste (which I am sure it will be) or if my subs don't draw my attention away from it I will start looking around at some different muffler shops to see if they can hook me up.
TM3 - was the exhaust you had the GEN 2 model of the MBRP 'cause I heard that the GEN 2 is supposed to be significantly quieter compared to the original exhaust that they offered, which is why I ordered it (plus the price was just so nice compared to most others that I saw).

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Craze, I did in fact have the Gen 2. And coupled with the SVT header, it was too loud for my taste. Without the header, the exhaust was fine. It wasnt too loud, yet it was loud enough to be heard.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice, I wonder if installing a cat in the main pipe rather than a larger resonator if that would help out any.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts