Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering has anybody on here has purchased both exhaust (MBRP and FS Stealth Exhaust)? If so, are the first piece of the exhaust, the piece with the resonator, on both systems the same size? I am wondering this because if so I am going to by the stealth part of the FS exhaust and install it on my MBRP to quiet it down a bit.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
indeed the MBRP is loud. i have a cuple of friends that have done exactly what you are saying. I'm not so sure about the size, but i's been done, you can also weld them together.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I saw that both are three piece systems so I wasn't sure if they were the same length though. Any idea on how much that helped out with the noise level?

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
u can also just get a small 6' round magnaflow from CFM, and have a muffler shop weld it in place of where the FS stealth muffler goes.
. that's what i'm doin anyways.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Can you guys give an update if you have done this yet? I have the MBRP and was thinking of how I might quiet it just a bit but not alot.

·
Registered
189 Posts
^^^ I second that!

My set up (JBA shorty, RT cat, Bosal flex, MBRP), is starting to annoy me. I was thinking of putting some soundproofing material on, but if replacing the resonator on the MBRP will reduce the noise, I might just go that route.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts