Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get a mbrp exhaust but i was reading the instructions manual online and it said something about cutting 2 in off the second cat converter. So my question to you guys is do i really have to cut it and second of all if so what can i cut it wit at the house. Or just get a custom exhaust done for cheaper with a magnaflow muffler

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
buy a cheap sawzall at walmart, and then return it after to cut it, just keep it clean and tidy, and they cant say anything about it.

and if your getting the exhaust where you retain the 2nd cat, yes you'll have to cut it there... but if your getting the exhaust where it removes the 2nd cat...

you'll have to cut the exhaust behind the first muffler infront of the rear subframe.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mbrp exhaust I want is #4112 it's a svt kit. So will it take the second cat completely off or what?

·
Registered
656 Posts
The mbrp exhaust I want is #4112 it's a svt kit. So will it take the second cat completely off or what?
The #4112 will not relpace the second cat you cut behind it and clamp the MBRP exhaust to it.
The S4110 2.5" SVT kit is what i have and it did replace the second cat with a bolt on resonator.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay i see the difference better to not cut and get the 4110. How long did it take for you to install the exhaust and it clamps onto the flex pipe or straight onto the header?

·
Registered
656 Posts
okay i see the difference better to not cut and get the 4110. How long did it take for you to install the exhaust and it clamps onto the flex pipe or straight onto the header?
It bolts to the flex pipe.The install didn't take to long but i already had a Roush exhaust on so i didn't have to cut the stock exhuast off.If you have access to a Sawzall it want take a minute or so to cut the stock exhaust off 1 cut after you get the stock exhaust off the 4110 is a 100% bolt on from the flex back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts