Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i am looking into getting an exhaust and i want one that you can definitely tell that I have an exhast but i dont want it to be really loud either. I already searched around on the forums to get info, and i noticed that quite a few people have said that the mbrp exhaust is pretty loud. Just how loud is it?? do you think it would be good for me??? Also for the people that have the exhaust are there flanges attached to each section or will i have to use u-clamps or weld it? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Matt

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
sound clip available on http://www.mbrp.com

I LOVE my MBRP. Install was a snap, but I have the sedan version. I know its longer and a bit different from the hatch version.

·
Registered
226 Posts
from what i hear, the MBRP exhaust is loud when attached to headers and mid pipe w/o cat. if you were to install a highflow cat and a res. it would deepen the sound. are you looking for performance of just sound?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im looking for both. i want a good (but not too loud) sound and i want to be able to feel a power diff.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
I still have my cat, and just stock header.. trust me.. people know you're there....

·
Registered
226 Posts
hmm from what i have read on other posts magnaflow with hiflow cat and second res. sounds awesome, not too loud but still there. and it also is one of the best for performance

·
Registered
226 Posts
im waiting to see where im going with my focus to do anything to it. thinking off selling it, but if i wasnt i would do that set up that i previosly typed

·
Banned
503 Posts
i have magnaflow on mine, and people ask me if i have a v-6 in my car lol

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Ive had people with mustangs complement me on it...I got the Magna myself. I want to put a high-flow cat on there but they are sooooooo expensive...

·
Registered
60 Posts
BigRed03 said:
... I want to put a high-flow cat on there but they are sooooooo expensive...
I can buy a Magnaflow hi flow cat for about $60 canadian, so i would suspect you could get one for like $45 in the states.

·
Registered
21 Posts
just put a 4 inch muffler cut off the res and the stock muff of course and u will be fine just remmeber not to take out the silincer u will be loud

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fast, i dont want just a muffler, im looking for a full catback exhaust

·
Registered
169 Posts
I love how people don't read the original thread......... the man is asking if any one has the MBRP exhaust. Don't get me wrong everything you guys are saying is great info. But yeah come on lets try to stick to the task at hand.

Yeah I don't know much about the exhaust bud but I'll give you the link..... maybe theres a way that you can ask them if its has the hinges or if you need the clamps yourself. But yeah one the link you can get a little glimpse as to how it sounds....

www.MBRP.com

I'll look into it as well, I'm also considering purchasing the same exhaust... I'll let you know what I find.

·
Banned
503 Posts
Its a good exhuast, pretty much borla magnaflow and MBRP all use the same piping, its the tip and muffler that differ from the 3. Each has its own Tone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts