Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got it this morning and had Canadian Tire install it. All I can say is WOW!

Here is the situation, I already had the Steed 65mm TB and Steeda cold air intake on the car which is a 2.0 Dura in a ZX5 SES. I did not notice much in the way of power increases with those mods (more responsive yes) but when I pulled it out and opened it up heading home after getting the cat back MBRP installed, not only did it sound SWEEET! but after I got over 4500rpms and up to 6000 I noticed a nice boost in pull. 2nd and 3rd feel freakin' GREAT! and the car sounds [email protected]' awesome! It looks nice as well, contrary to other people who say it sticks out to far, mine does not. It is out about 2.5 inches. Just enough to show off the MBRP logo on the tip.

OK, I think I need more mods. Mods, mods, mods. Please someone give me another hit, I think I'm officially a mod junkie!

I'd just like to say to all who have helped me with my questions that I'm sure many have read and answered over and over again, thanks. You’ve all been a great help.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Foci_Fosho said:
nicely done. Next up turbo-kit?
Thanks, here's a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here's another. Next up cams and SCT

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
mine dont stick out like that

dang min eis mad tucked under
ita barlye sticks out

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: mine dont stick out like that

bigchad112288 said:
dang min eis mad tucked under
ita barlye sticks out
It barely sticks out does it. Well maybe a doctor could help you with that "little" issue. Maybe with some pills of some kind...ay..ay. LOL

·
Registered
532 Posts
mine sticks about about the same as yours.

I noticed that yours hangs a bit lower than the bumper, while mine sits pretty snug at the little cutout.

think you could take a photo of underneath? Just curious if you mounted the hanger they sent you in a different location, or if you managed to muscle the hang the pipe onto the existing stock hanger?

and where in TO are ya?

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Welcome to the Addiction!

My next 'fix' is gonna be the MBRP!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Mine is the Xcal 2, YAY!! [:D]

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
torradan said:
mine sticks about about the same as yours.

I noticed that yours hangs a bit lower than the bumper, while mine sits pretty snug at the little cutout.

think you could take a photo of underneath? Just curious if you mounted the hanger they sent you in a different location, or if you managed to muscle the hang the pipe onto the existing stock hanger?

and where in TO are ya?
I live basically right at Don Mills and Sheppard, we should hook up sometime and have a look at each others cars. How old are ya, and what do you do? I'm 35 and sell pool tables.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The Mailman 666 said:
I'm 35 and sell pool tables. [/B]
Then why do u call yourself mailman, LOL...[:D]

·
Registered
532 Posts
you can do it yourself, no problem really. i did it when it was about 20F outside and starting to snow. the hardest part is breaking the two bolts loose up front. getting the metal parts out of the hangers is a bit of a bear, but if you use channel locks to push them back through, its not toooooooo bad.

the cold weather and snow was a bit of motivation to get it done, but it took my maybe 1 1/2 hours tops.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
FocusFreak87 said:
Then why do u call yourself mailman, LOL...[:D]

I get that a lot. The Mailman 666 is a online gamer tag that I've been known for, for about 4 years. I play Battlefield 2 PC online with friends that I know from Xbox live who I played Ghost Recon & Ghost Recon Island Thunder. As the Clan leader we were very successful in the Team Compete ladders for two years as the 101st Couch Commanders. There were 15 of us.

Co-leaders were, High Guy, Pit Viper X and x INTIMIDATOR x. Three fantastic guys that rocked the world of Ghost Recon. We were up there with the best. Put any one of us in a last man standing room with no respawn and 16 guys and we would routinely come out the winner.

·
Registered
532 Posts
When I'm in TO, i'm up around Bridletowne & Warden... so yeah, we should go out sometime, have a drink or something. You aren't too far away.

I'm 33, btw.. doing "glorified customer service"... aka.. technical support for a lousy ISP.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
torradan said:
When I'm in TO, i'm up around Bridletowne & Warden... so yeah, we should go out sometime, have a drink or something. You aren't too far away.

I'm 33, btw.. doing "glorified customer service"... aka.. technical support for a lousy ISP.
For sure let me know when with a PM and I'll send you my e-mail.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Logan175 said:
How much was the install at Canadian tire? I want to get myself one

sweet

Logan

$86.00 bucks tax in. So, you can either crawl under a dirty car yanking on rusted bolts after you spend more then 86 bucks on a decent jack and stands cursing and questioning your sanity for an hour and 1/2 OR you can pay Canadian Tire $86.00. I'm not saying I’m a rich man but I can afford to drive so I think I can afford $86.00 and save myself the stress. And don’t forget the cuts and or bruises from banging some part of your body off some very hard/sharp part of you car….

But I am a do-it-your-selfer so there is always the satisfaction you get from that. I just chose to not do this one particular job myself.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I just backed mine onto ramps. Cut after the can muffler, unbolted it, pulled it off, reinstalled. Ramps make it take about 45min-1hr if you take your time.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
OK so I've had the exhaust on the car for a few days now and I have some impressions.

1- it makes that little boost everyone gets after 3000RPMs much more noticeable. That also goes the other way around, my car feels gutless under 3000RPMs.

2- the MBRP has a very deep bassy harmonic almost everywhere in the RPM range that is quite loud and annoying. I need to play music all the time so it is not so noticeable. I know I said I really liked it but after listening to it for 5 or so hours it is getting on my nerves!

3- It does give a nice boost in power above 3000RPMs

If I were to put the second cat back in and then change the header would that be legal? Would it help quiet the exhaust?
Should I simply sell the exhaust and buy the Focus Sport exhaust?
Can anyone tell me what they think of the sound that the Focus Sport makes. Particularly how it sounds in the cabin of a ZX5?
Is there anything I can do to quiet the sound of the MBRP?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts